Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wedding....wedding.....wedding.

I had three invitations today. At Shah Alam, by my second cousin, my two blocks away neighbour, and in Klang, my wife's former officemate. I decided to go to Shah Alam first. Being Saturday, the road from Klang to Shah Alam would be terribly jammed. The Federal Government is building a flyover there and they allow only one lane of traffic movement. I decided to take a longer route via the Kesas Highway. No choice even with the cost of petrol is extremely high now. Its better not to get caught with the jam. I would create more sins, cursing everybody. Of course, you know who? Back from Shah Alam, I went to my neighbour's feast and my wife decided to go to her friend's kenduri. I just paid him a visit, to make myself known that I came to the wedding. Could not take any more food as I had a good lunch at my cousin's reception.

Plenty of weddings around this time as the fasting month and the school break is coming. To the newly wed and the coming one...Selamat Pengantin Baru.

The good thing about wedding, we can catch up with relatives and long lost friends as well as former office mate. Most unfortunate if you bump with your old sweethearts.

No comments: