Monday, August 25, 2014

Syawal 2014.

It had been three (3) weeks since I was back from Saudi Arabia and I could not find time to update my blog. Time fully occupied with plenty of events in Syawal that took me away from sitting in front of the computer blogging.

The weekend after I landed at KLIA, the family took the Highway up north to Ipoh to visit my mother. It was pre planned that we would not smack into the traffic snarl along the Highway. It’s traditional that during Syawal, a journey to meet the parent is a must unless distances keep you apart. During the short span, I squeezed sometimes accompanied by my mother to return to my ancestral hometown at Padang Tenggala in Bota. We visited the kampong Graveyard to pay homage to my late father who was laid in state there. It was thirty six (36) years ago, precisely on 8 April 1978 that I laid my father at that particular spot. I still remember, my late Grand Aunty, Hajjah Zubaidah specially pointed to the spot for the convenience of her grand nieces and nephews. I was pleased to see that the Graveyard now look better, the big tree had been fell and the environment is not that eerie as before. I always make a point that every Hari Raya I would make the journey to visit my late father. I don’t know about the rest of my late father’s siblings and I don’t even care and bother whether they all make the journey or otherwise.



Back home, in between we entertained visitors but this year there is no open house. We welcomed walk in visitors. As usual, on the first day of Syawal I was not home, celebrated mine alone in the Holy Land of Mekah.

 


At one of the weekend I attended a wedding of Ustaz Mazlan in Alor Star Kedah. I promised him in Mekah that I would make the trip up north to attend the wedding kenduri. Along with Haji Wan Azraai and Haji Israqy we boarded Malindo Air vide KLIA2 bound for Penang. It was my first experience as a passenger at the new KLIA2. We had a smooth flight cruising at 23000 feet riding above the cloud. The problem arises when the plane had to break the rain cloud to land at Bayan Lepas Airport. It was wobbling like crazy as the rain water gushed through the jet engine and the only consolation, Penang Channel was below. If any mishap it would fall into the sea. I was holding tight to my headrest and hoping for the best.

 


A car was waiting at Penang Airport and we drove to Alor Star. We stayed a night in Alor Star and another in Penang Island on the way home to KLIA2. In Alor Star, we went to Kuala Kedah and the famous Pekan Rabu. Penang is entirely different than it was when I studied there in 1962 – 1965. There is a place call Queensbay opposite Pulau Jerejak and we had fantastic sea view from Floor 9 of Eastin Hotel. We even drove to Balik Pulau looking for durian but it was not the season. We did not miss the Penang nasi kandar and we chose “Line Clear Restaurant”. We took the nostalgic ferry ride to the mainland. Memories flew back fifty (50) years in history and thankful that I am still breathing the Penang Channel air.

  

Many things happening in my home state during the month of Syawal, the Menteri Besar wanted to be replaced. Politically, the episode is getting haywire and messy. I get my sources of latest updated information from the various blogs and television. Politic is not dirty only Politicians does. The current Menteri Besar was my former CEO when I was with Kumpulan Guthrie Bhd. He was sacked from his Political Party but administratively, His Royal Highness the Sultan of Selangor insisted that he remain in Office until a decision had been made after the Royal Highness return from overseas.

The current Menteri Besar,

To be replace by the woman above.
On 22 August 2014, the nation mourned when twenty (20) Malaysian jenazah given a Royal welcome when landed at KLIA. They were the victim of MH 17 shot downed somewhere at the Ukrainian/ Russian border in the Month of Ramadan. Nobody claim responsibility but 298 passengers of various nations perished. Sadly, Malaysia Airline got into another fiasco when MH 370 mysteriously missing still remains unsolved. On 24 August 2014, another three (3) jenazah returned to home soil. My deepest condolence to all the families involved. Al Fatihah to the Muslim victim.

Ceremonial welcome to MH 17 victim.
The honor given to the victim was a controversial subject from the Islamic and social liberal opposition political Parties. Some said that it was not Islamic, imitating the western Christians and culture. The point here, nothing that the Government does is right to them. When they do it, it’s practically all right.

Muslims holding candles to honor a Chinese death.
26 August 2014 the Royal Highness Sultan of Selangor will decide the fate of Tan Sri Khalid and Selangor in general. Would His Highness pick a lady to lead Selangor state? Que sera sera.......

No comments: