Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy after Isyakh.

Immediately after the Isyakh prayer at 2030 hours, I went to Haji Hilal residence as he and his wife is leaving for Tabung Haji Kelana Jaya enroute to the Holy Land to perform his Haj. All my mosque colleague were there. After that I attended a feast (kenduri) at the Ketua Kampong house for the recite of tahlil of the late Hajjah Zainab, the Ketua Kampong sister. At 2210 hours we adjourned to Annuar Tanda house as he and his wife is also leaving for Tabung Haji Kelana Jaya enroute to the Holy Land. Both he and Haji Hilal would be on the same flight to Medina on 31st October. Annuar would be going for Haj for the first time and Haji Hilal his second Haj. I wish both of them with their respective wife good health and to come back with haji mabrur.

Since I was in the Holy Land approximately a month ago, I gave them several tips especially to Annuar Tanda what to and what not to do in the Holy Land. Most important is to practise patience and tolerant. Study your roomates, stay away if he finds the stranger is incompatible. If he is in doubht of any rituals, consult the Ustaz, not his roomates. I told Annuar, his roomate can become a Mufti and sometimes can be misleading. I also told Annuar that since Haji Hilal is around and an aquaintance, he can always refer to Haji Hilal for guidance. I know Haji Hilal for a long time and am sure he can be relied upon. He is clean and can be trusted by all means otherwise the Mosque would not ask him to count the Friday collections.

The two calls of Azan bidding farewell to my two friends, make me feel touched. I silently doa for both of them safe journey and succesfully accompolish their mission as the Guests of Allah.

No comments: