Thursday, December 18, 2008

63 - SIXTY THREE.

17th December 2008, I reached the 63rd milestone and still kicking. I had a hiccup in September 2003 when I was hospitalized for five days in 2003. Insyaalah (God willing), I get to see the next and next birthdays.

I got a pleasant surprised on the eve of my birthday when a long lost friend, my batch mate at Technical Institute Penang, Encik Osman Awang sent me an email. He gave me his handfone number and I immediately called him. I was curious how he got my email address and to my astonishment from “google” when he was searching for another friend Zayid Zakaria. I had mentioned in my earlier blog that Zayid Zakaria my batch mate had passed away. We talked about half an hour discussing about who is where and who had kicked the bucket and what not. I last met Osman Awang probably thirty years ago in Kajang. We promised to get together at a later date.

Besides the well wishes from my children and friends, I had a surprise sms and email from London. The sms was from my former Stenographer who is now in London to be with her husband for Christmas and New Year Holiday. The email is definitely a very pleasant surprise and at this point of time remains classified.

After the Maghrib prayer, with four other friends, we went for a drink at the nearest warong. My friend Ali Termizi recited the doa selamat for me. The place was not important but the intention was noble and appreciated. Raja Sahar commented that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) passed away at the age of 63, therefore I am now living on subsidies age. They had roti canai and teh tarik and I just had iced coffee. I had something on after the Isyakh prayer.

After the Isyakh prayer, my daughter sponsored a seafood dinner ala Thai. While we were having dinner, my neighbor, Haji Adenan with his wife and daughter walked in. They were surprised to see us eating out late and my wife told them of the occasion. They joined us and I did not get to see the tab.

No candles to blow,
I hope and pray my life glow,
Be nice to all,
Hope, there will be the sixty four.
I n s y a a l l a h.

No comments: