Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekend.

It started on Saturday when Malek suggested that we took a drive to Morib and to Ladang Gadong to see the site where Datuk Sosilawati was murdered and burnt to death. We arrived at the junction but the entrance was cordoned off by the Police and no way could we enter to the site. Reporters were swarming at the junction waiting for some vehicles to exit. I believed the police Forensic Team was on site. It was none of our business to be there but Malek insisted to see where Ladang Gadong is. We stayed for about fifteen minutes and we decided to adjourn to Morib beach to enjoy the evening breeze from the Straits of Melaka.

On the way back, the first stop was Jemjarom to buy “lemang” and the second we stopped at the Giant Bukit Tinggi as I had an appointment with Focus Point to change my glasses. I now changed to plastic photo gray lenses so that it is safer than glass.

Sunday noon I went to University Kebangsaan in Bangi, destination was Dewan Tun Abdullah Mohd Salleh to attend the wedding of Prof Dr Syed Sheik’s daughter, Sharifah Nurdina to Syed Hafidz Haidi. Dr Syed Sheik was my senior at TI Penang. That was my second ever visit to UKM campus and I got to rely on the signage to the Dewan. Regret I missed anyone familiar as they had left.

Heading home I missed the Kompleks Sukan Negara exit and landed at Old Klang Road and Sungai Way, finally found the familiar Federal Highway heading west to Port Klang. With the many new roads and exits I was totally confused and off bearing. My Navigator was of no help either as we seldom have any business around this area. Only race horse enthusiast knows this area by the finger tip.

There was a heavy downpour and heavy lightning in the evening and many trees uprooted in the kampong. The house automatic circuit breaker (ACB) tripped twice. The big tree in front of Malek’s house not too far away also hit the ground and he had to call the Bomba to clear the main road to my house. I checked on him to ensure that his house was not trampled. He joked that he would keep the wood for next year “bakar lemang”. Great……. as long as he don’t use the wood to burn somebody, it’s ok with me.

No comments: