Saturday, March 16, 2013

I was there.......



Where? National Mosque Kuala Lumpur, 15 March 2013.

I came to know from the various Blogs, there will be a solidarity gathering regarding the Sulu invasion of Lahad Datu after the Friday prayer at the National Mosque in KL.

Come to think about it, I had not prayed at the national Mosque before even though my late uncle, Dato Haji Ghazali Abdullah was the first Imam of the Mosque. Since I was available on that day, I decided to perform the solat Jumaat at the Mosque and after that I would join the crowd. Why not?

Masjid Negara.

It’s been a long time since I travelled by KTM Commuter Train and I decided to resort to this public transport. Being a senior citizen, the fare from Kampong Raja Uda Station to Kuala Lumpur Station (nearest to the Mosque) is only RM 2.00, one way. That’s far more than reasonable. It took me about an hour to hit my final destination.

Soon after the Friday prayer, I joined the crowd to show our solidarity towards our Police and armed Forces in Sabah currently with war cry to eliminate the terrorists from Sulu. Across the Mosque compound, a lorry was converted as stage for the invited guest speakers: Independent MP Dato Ibrahim Ali, Independent MP Dato Hassan Ali, Independent MP Zulkifli Nordin and Zahid Md Arip. The gist of the gathering was, who are the Conspirators leading to the terrorist’s intrusion? Several Malaysian Opposition leaders and the name from the Sulu side were mentioned openly. All the Speakers agreed that a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) to be set up immediately to get to the bottom. The crowd applauded that not one inch of Malaysian soil can be sacrificed to any foreigner or invader. Malaysian should learn from the lesson where Indonesia lost Timor Timor to become Timor Leste.










 





 The Solidarity Gathering.



It began to drizzle and the crowd dispersed within an hour with the recitation of a doa and Alfathihah for the fallen heroes recited by Independent MP Dato Hassan Ali. The Traffic Police gave a helping hand controlling the traffic smooth flow. The gathering or rather the demonstration was very peaceful and the participants were well behaved, unlike Bersih 1, 2 and 3. Coincidentally this was my first ever demonstration, I ever got involved directly. I took the trouble to travel all the way to participate in the solidarity gathering for the sake of my love towards MALAYSIA.

There were several first:

·         First time at the National Mosque.
·         First time participated in a peaceful demonstration.
·         First time face to face with Dato Ibrahim Ali and Zulkifli Nordin.

No comments: