Monday, July 8, 2013

Last Sunday pre Ramadan.

It was a beautiful sunny Sunday morning and the Muslim folks were usually busy welcoming Ramadan with their own chores. It was a day where most families would do marketing to fill up their refrigerators. I chose to do it yesterday as Saturday where less people go shopping as it is a “no plastic bag” day.

My day started by visiting the Kampong Cemetery. Though I have no relatives buried within but I do have friends and acquaintance who resides permanently there. There was a “gotong royong” organized by the kampong folks to clean up the place. I entered the complex and recited Alfathihah for all. There was no specific graveyard that I had to house keep. However I was very pleased to see the two (2) “bunga tanjong” trees that I planted several years ago had grown well. Perhaps one fine day someone would be buried under its shade.

Cleaning up.

Newly buried.

RIP with shade.

The cleared area, plan for the Cemetery expansion.

The Cemetery in general.

Bunga Tanjung tree.

Bunga Tanjung tree.

I then drop by at Rukun Tetangga Melikai and got into another “gotong royong” do, where the members of Melikai residents preparing for the forthcoming after Isyakh tahlil arwah & kenduri. The men and women folks were busy voluntarily preparing and cooking for the night dishes. They were in complete harmony, laughing and assisting each other to make the night kenduri successful. It reminded me of my kampong days when I was a little kid and I wish this type of inter cooperation can prolong.







The Gotong Royong at RT Melikai.

I am not part of this community but I used to drop by once in a while and my presence is normally welcome up till now. The sad thing, PAS members is staying away from the community activity even though they reside within the vicinity. I was invited for the night function but I had forewarned them insyaalah. I am not really keen to cross path with the Ketua Kampong appointed Mosque Nazir and the Ketua Kampong himself. I did not want to be in the circle of species that are numbskull of the meaning “democracy”. The Mosque Nazir has no moral standing to hold on the position as the Kampong kariah did not elect him. I detest and hate injustice!!!

I am open to criticism but not humilation.

The Big Boss.

After asar, I finally catch hold of the Indian Ice cube Vendor. I paid him off to deliver a sack of ice cube pallets every evening to the Kampong Mosque for the whole month of Ramadan for breaking of fasting. May Allah accept my humble graciousness of the small sedekah.

Dinner – quietly at home with the wife, the daughter is with my son in KL attending to Siti Nurhaliza Concert. Dinner was fried ikan rebus, sambal sotong kering, and daging rendang pedas. All are my so favorite dishes and I surely don’t need to bloat my tummy to attend the RT Melikai kenduri. I am also watching my weight which had increased to 65 kg lately and the recommended is 60 kg. Malaysian is very well known to fall dead for over eating. I just went to the Kampong Cemetery early morning, physically standing.


To all my Muslim Readers: Let us all welcome Ramadan Almubarak and hope this year Ramadan is always better than the previous. You are accountable to Allah for your own deed. A day pass by, a day closer to be summoned by Him.   

No comments: