Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pre Ramadan Umrah.

With the grace of Almighty Allah, I should be leaving for Saudi Arabia for my usual Ramadan umrah on 25 July 2013 ie sometimes in the afternoon by Saudi Airline, SV 831 expected to depart at 1530 hrs. This Ramadan umrah is later than usual, midst Ramadan not earlier due to the restriction by the Saudi authorities.

The visa is now confirmed and my duration of stay in Saudi Arabia is up to 07 August 2013. Insyallah will be touching down KLIA on 08 August 2013 at 1330 hrs, on Hari Raya afternoon. Welcoming Aidilfitri will be at around 35,000 feet in the air insyaalah.

I look forward to be in Masjid Nabawi in Medina, during the earlier stay at the Holy Land. I feel nearer to Almighty Allah and His Messenger. The Holy Prophet, Mohamed (pbuh) was enshrined inside the Mosque.

Syukur alhamdullillah, this will be my third trip to the Holy Land for 2013 and I thank Him for inviting me again to His Bait (House). I always pray and doa every time when I am there, I will always be invited to the Baitullah Hir Haram again.

Terawih in Malaysia.

Before departure, daily terawih back home was at various Masjids of my choices. I played nomadic. It had been a couple of years ago that I performed terawih* in homeland Malaysia.

Night before 1st day of Ramadan: At Masjid Kampong Raja Uda. Imam 1 led the prayers.

1st day Ramadan: At Masjid Kampong Raja Uda. Imam 1 led the prayers.

2nd day Ramadan: At Masjid Di Raja Sultan Sulaiman, Klang. The Imam was Hafiz al Quraan. Rushing after Isyakh from home, I managed to perform only 16 rakaat out of 20.

3rd day Ramadan: At Masjid Tengku Ampuan Jemaah, Bukit Jelutong. The Imam was specially brought from Masjidilharam Mekah. It was graced by the presence of the Royal Highness Sultan of Selangor. The interesting part, Imam 1 of Kampong Raja Uda Mosque came along.

4th day Ramadan: At Masjid Di Raja Sultan Sulaiman, Klang.

5th day Ramadan: Just at home between me and Allah. Performed the sunnah, eight (8) rakaat only. Being Sunday, it was weekend family gathering iftar.

6Th day Ramadan: At Masjid Sultan Salehuddin, Shah Alam - the Grand Mosque of Selangor State. It was like Friday prayers and I had problem locating a parking lot.
  
7th day Ramadan: At Masjid Bandar Di Raja Klang. The Mosque is by the Klang riverside easily seen if you are crossing Jambatan Kota towards Klang or Banting. On the way home, make a long detour as Klang town has plentiful of one way streets.

8th day Ramadan: Masjid As Saadah, Bandar Sultan Sulaiman, Klang Utara. There was tazkirah pre terawih. The Mosque only conducted the minimal, eight (8) rakaat of terawih, the sunnah by the Holy Prophet (pbuh). By 2225 hrs it was all over.

9th day Ramadan: At Masjid Ar Rahimah, Jalan Banting Klang. The terawih was led by two (2) young Tahfiz Alquraan. Other than the Imam from Masjidilharam, (see 3rd day of Ramadan) these two (2) Imams stood the best so far in term of surah recitation and presentation. After the solat witir+ one of them led the congregation to doa qunut.

10th day of Ramadan: Just at home, performed the terawih way past midnight. I took the silence of the night, personally to confer with Almighty Allah. Among others, I seek for safe journey, Allah blessings and good health for my forthcoming umrah. Thank you Almighty Allah, the visa for the umrah had been duly approved by the Saudi Government.

11th day Ramadan: At Masjid Ar Rahimah, Jalan Banting, Klang. There are ample parking spaces available.

12th day Of Ramadan: Terawih simply at home. I was quite busy during the day, being the last Sunday before I leave for Saudi Arabia.

13th day of Ramadan: At Masjid Ar Rahimah, Jalan Banting Klang. I like the place because the recitation of surah by the Tahfiz Al Quraan, the Imam is very clear and loud. 
     
14th day of Ramadan: At Masjid ar Rahimah, Jalan Banting Klang.

15th day of Ramadan: Last Terawih in Malaysia and decided to perform it at home. Check listing all the needy to pack. I also entertained well wishers.

I reserved my own Kampong Mosque just to experience the differences. Top of the agenda was to experience the different feeling among different congregation. The Mosques were different, so as the Imam and their deliveries of the surah. I preferably prayed in the Mosque where the Imam is Hafiz al Quraan.

To all my Muslim friends: Best Wishes for the Aidilfitri & Happy Holidays. Maaf dzahir batin.

I will blog on my Ramadan Umrah experience after I return insyaalah. Please pray for my safe journey and good health.


What is Terawaih?

*Terawih – Eight (8) to twenty (20) or more rakaat sunat prayer only performed after isyakh during the month of Ramadan. It is not compulsory but every Muslims are encouraged to perform at least eight (8) rakaat per Ramadan night. It is not sinful failure to perform. The most auspicious night is one odd night between the nights of 20 to 30, the Night of Lailatuqadar.

What is witir?


+Witir – Three (3) rakaat sunat prayer after the terawih.  

No comments: