Saturday, December 28, 2013

Busy December.

Since the first week of December, I had been very2 busy attending even to minor things on the ground to prepare potential umrah Pilgrims.

On the weekend of 14 and 15 December we were all busy at the Office sacrificing the Saturday and Sunday to ensure the name tags, bag tags, Arrival & Departure cards, manifest, room allocations and profile were all prepared. All minute details must be correct and double checked. Nothing should be left out.
 
On 16 December 2013, I checked in eighty eight (88) passengers at KLIA vide Saudi Airline direct to Medina. Last passengers checked in at 1430 hrs when the flight was expected to depart at 1500 hrs. Two (2) failed to make the trip due to visa and flight problem but the joke was, their luggage was on board heading for Medina. Never mind about that as it could be retrieved by the member of the family. A busload came all the way from Rompin Johore, leaving early morning and we had to prepare packed lunch for them.

On 17 December 2013, on my birthday, at 1100 hrs, I rushed to KLIA to check in and to send off forty five (45) passengers vide Saudi Airline to Jeddah. Thirty two (32) failed to make the trip as there were no seats allocated on Saudi Airline even though visa was issued and all in good order. Early morning was informed about the mishap, sweat flows and orders went out to all the affected passengers not to report to KLIA. A separation exercise was made spot on to avoid confusion who to fly and who were not. We expected the repercussions and help us God. Customers are always right. We had to face the music, in the mean time all efforts made for alternatives.

On 19 December 2013 we went to fetch the stranded passengers temporarily stayed with families at Selayang to be allocated in a Homestay at Nilai.

On 21 December 2013 I received a call from Mekah instructed me to immediately apply for a Saudi visa and lead a group of seventeen (17) Jemaah to perform the umrah. Feeling excited and I have to dig from somewhere for personal expenses. Normally at the end of the year, I run dry financially.

On 23 December 2013, was at KLIA again to check in thirty three (33) jemaah destined for Medina. On the same day 23 December 2013 (Monday), visa application made at the Saudi Embassy. The Christmas holiday may cause a delay. 

The visa finally approved on 27 December 2013 evening. The same evening I went to the Clinic to have the necessary injection for health clearance and the night spent packing my bag for the Holy Land. 

My flight would be SV 2051 ETD 2055 hrs for Medina, Saudi Arabia. I started the year of 2013 with unexpected journey and I end the year with same. Thank you, Almighty Allah.

This will be my last posting for 2013 and I wish all readers Happy New Year and may Allah (God) bless you all. I will blog on this journey soonest I am back, insyaalah on 8 January 2014.


Labaikallah hu mala bait………………

No comments: