Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The season is now opened.

Saudi Arabia had declared open the 2014 umrah season.

I handled 160 potential Jemaah Passports to be handed to the Agent all the way at Ampang Park in Kuala Lumpur. The first batch of 80 (eighty) would be leaving on 16 December 2013 and the other 80 (eighty), the following day. Having 160 passports in my custody wasn’t easy and it was really worrying. The security aspect was prime importance.

I took the Kesas highway, the outer ring road from Shah Alam to Ampang Road, KL. It was raining and I wasn’t very sure of the direction either. I had not driven into KL City for ages. By the grace of Allah, I reached the destination safely and the only obstacle was a minor traffic jam. I nearly missed the junction exiting from the outer ring Highway to Ampang Road heading towards KLCC.

Had a quick lunch at KFC and handed the Passports to the Agent after lunch hour. I was relief at last that my burden was over.

Mission accomplished and I took a slow drive back to the Office in Shah Alam. In the meantime we are keeping our fingers cross that Saudi Arabia Embassy will approve the visa application to fulfill the dream of the 160 Jemaah.


Yours truly, Allah willing, will make the first journey for 2014 on 15 January 2014 insyaalah.

No comments: