Monday, September 8, 2014

EUPHORIA MALAIENSE.


Last week, at one of the free day on the week day, I travelled down to Masjid Tanah, Melaka to say farewell to someone who would be performing the Haj. We were requested by Encik Ahmad, another acquaintance to drop by at his country home somewhere at Tanjong Kling as his “mata kucing” was fruiting ripe.

It was the first time in my life seeing a well ripen “mata kucing” fruits and was enjoying the juicy sweet fruits under its tree. I gathered the trees had been grown since fifteen (15) years ago. When I was a small kid in the kampong, I vividly remember there was one wild “mata kucing” tree in my grandfather’s dusun but it hardly fruiting and sour.


I had been eating the “mata kucing” fruits bought from the fruit stall ever since and only from the Melaka experience; I bothered to Google the scientific name: EUPHORIA MALAIENSE.






The Euphoria Malaiense is the smaller version of Longan.

No comments: