Sunday, December 27, 2015

Umrah Dubai 03 - 15 Dec 2015.

03 Dec 2015: Thirty nine (39) excited passengers were ready at KLIA to venture for a three (3) days tour to Dubai and a spiritual journey of eleven (11) days of Umrah in the Holy Land. Being appointed as Tour Leader I took absolute responsibilities for the welfare of the thirty eight (38) Jemaah.



EK 345 took off for Dubai at 1125 hrs and safely landed at Dubai Airport at 1415 hrs local time. Dubai International Airport is magnificent and a modern with very well in place signage. There was no problem finding my way, from embarkation to Luggage recovery in spite being first time landed there. Immigration was very friendly, smooth with no hassle. No wonder, Tourist flocking to Dubai. Minor hiccup, Dato Malik found his bag at the wrong carousels. Hajah Mahani Ghazali luggage could not be found, assumed missing and was reported to Lost & Found. Perhaps the Airport had too many bags to handle at the same time.

The Group was met by Ocean Heart Tourism Tour Guide, Mr Shabaj Shaikh and taken by Tour Coach to Park Inn Randisson Hotel.



There was a slight confusion on the room allocation by the Hotel Management and I sorted it out as pre allocated in the profile. We were all very satisfied with the room, like an apartment fully equipped even with kitchenette. There was even a washing machine available and fortunately I had the big room to myself.





Night Programmed: We were taken to Dubai Soux for window shopping or simply sightseeing. The first thing was to look for Money Exchange as my cousin Dato Malik Shazili decided to replace his broken luggage bag.



For dinner, we were taken on a dhow cruise along Dubai Creek and entertained by a Magic Show and Sufi Cultural dance. All eyes were on the several well lighted dhows sharing the Creek and lighted prominent buildings along both sides of the Creek. It was our first taste of Emirate Arabic Cuisine.









04 Dec 2015: Before breakfast, Dato Malik, Ibrahim and I decided to take a morning stroll and we landed at the Coastal Trade Harbor at the water front. Breakfast was 0800 – 0900 hrs at the Hotel. It was reported Hajjah Mahani Ghazali luggage was found and delivered to the Hotel by the Airport. I wonder whether KLIA does that.

The first itinerary was Dubai Mall and we admired the huge aquarium in the Mall. It was feeding time and sharks were all around. We were then ushered to Burj Khalifah, the tallest building in Dubai and currently the second in the World. In batches, we got into the lift and from Ground Zero to Floor 124 were within a minute. My ears were piercing due to the speed and sudden surge of elevation. Out at the 360 degree windowed balcony, we enjoyed the panoramic view of Dubai City. I have vertigo but manage to inch my way to the edge to record my presence up there. The Souvenir Shop was filled with Tourists and I got myself a cap “At the Top” as a momento from Burj Khalifah.















For Friday prayers, we were taken to Zaheer Mosque.



Lunch was at Mecure Gold Hotel Restaurant. We got to wait as the Cook was just returning from Friday prayers.




After lunch we were all loaded in six (6) units of 4 X 4 vehicles heading for the desert along the road to Oman. We were first taken to a Desert Playground Complex where Tourist with a fee can choose their vehicle and ride the desert dunes. Incidentally, no one in the group dare.






At 1730 hrs, with the 4 X 4 tires being deflated, seat belts tightened, the convoy started to enter the desert and the Desert Safari began. It was a roller coaster ride, up and down the dune slopes. It was hard and soft landing at nerve wrecking speed. The oohh and aahhh could be heard but no one vomited. We were advised not to hold on tight to anything, just follow the swaying. Halfway the convoy stopped on a desert hill and we enjoyed the panoramic desert sunset view. We recorded our presence in the desert.






In the meantime, the 4 X 4 tires were inflated and we were taken to an Open Air Desert Camp cum BBQ Tent. There was a huge round center stage for show time. We were all seated like Arab Bedouins on the desert floor on soft Arabic cushions. Drinks were free all round. Buffet will only commence during the show time break.



Show time – the Belly Dancers appeared. Gosh!! We were going to perform the umrah and some were not too please about the show. All eyes were staring at me. I had underage and senior citizens in the Group. Some Group members requested to abandon the place and skipped dinner. I got the 4 X 4 Chief to get their vehicles ready and we drove out from the desert camp. Some vehicle went back straight to the Hotel and some diverted downtown for shopping. A family landed at Hard Dubai Rock Café.

I took the last 4 X 4 back to the Hotel and I explained to Mr Shabaj Shaikh by phone that this type of Dinner plus Show is definitely unsuitable for Tourists destined for The Holy Land. After the Desert Safari preferably followed by simple dinner at any Restaurant would be appropriate. For tonight program, majority in the entourage was not happy and simply time wasting.

I had burger for dinner at the Café opposite the Hotel with Dato Malik Shazili.

My request to postpone check out time from 0800 hrs to 1200 hrs the following day was complied and   informed the Group of the changes. To be out early, breakfast was to be served at 0700 hrs.

I smiled to myself as I knocked off to dream land.

05 Dec 2015: Breakfast was at 0700 hrs and I requested the Group to be ready at the Lobby by 0800 hrs.

When I arrived at the Hotel Lobby, Dato Malik told me an Indonesian Lady was looking for me. I was stunned for a while as I was never being naughty at all time in Dubai. The Lady approached me and introduced herself as Madam Lutfiyah, the Tourist Guide for the day. What a relief and gladly accepted by the Group. Now, they could understand what the Tourist Guide would be telling them. I think Mr. Shabaj Shaik was compensating the damage done the previous night.



City Tour – As the Coach rode through the City, Puan Lutfiyah briefed the Group the various architectural buildings along the way and what Dubai City was and present. The first stop was at the beach very near to Burj Al Arabia Hotel – the most expensive and luxurious Hotel in the world. We then went to Palm Jumeriah and stopped at the extreme edge of the Palm at Lost Kingdom of Atlantis. The Coach went into a tunnel under the sea to approach the Lost kingdom . Palm Jumeriah was manmade, reclaimed from the sea. Out from the Palm, we went to Dubai Marina where luxurious Hotels and Apartments are situated. We saw the Cayan Tower, a unique twisted architectural building.














Since some had no opportunity to shop in Dubai, Puan Lutfiyah directed the Coach to stop at Day to Day Shopping Center where we could get T Shirts and souvenirs at reasonable prices. It was a last minute shopping and grabbed whatever we could. The Group was heard grumbling that two (2) nights in Dubai was definitely inadequate.

The last itinerary was an early lunch at Grand Hotel Restaurant. I had to inform the Group to be quick as we were leaving for the Airport at 1300 hrs.




Back at the Hotel, it was a quick mandi sunat ihram, put on the ihram, solat sunat ihram and solat jamak takdim, zohor and asar. We checked out and headed for Dubai Airport at 1300 hrs.

Airport formalities were swift and easy and we were tagged as UMRAH Group Travelers. EK 803 took off for Jeddah at 1610 hrs vide A 380. That’s the best compliment of my trip in Dubai, got to fly in A380.

Landed at Jeddah Airport at 1820 hrs and to my astonishment, the Airport shuttle Bus took us to Haj Terminal, Departure Hall. We were quarantined in the Hall without any further information given. We were just requested to wait. During headcount, a member of the Group was missing. Suddenly, Dato Malik appeared as he was accidentally shuttled to the International Terminal and they had to send him back to the right entry point.

After a while, we were asked to descend to the Immigration Hall and queue up. Each passenger had their eight (8) finger prints taken, two (2) thumb prints and photo taken. Each would take about five (5) minutes or so. Sometimes the Immigration Officials would just leave their cubicle, answered a phone call and unconcerned about the passengers in waiting for clearance. I have six (6) Saudi visa approved in my passport from my previous entries and I had to go to the same procedure. Sounds ridiculous but it really happened. All data in their computer must have been wiped out. I really pity the young children, old women and men who had to sit on the floor, tired of standing waiting for their turn. There was no drink or food on sale at the Immigration Arrival Hall.

After four (4) solid hours, all passengers in my Group were cleared and claimed our respective luggage. I directed the group to perform solat jamak takhir of Maghreeb and Isyakh at the nearest Haj Terminal Surau.

Another problem arises. When we identified the Bus that would take us to Mekah, we found six (6) Kenyans comfortably sitting in the Bus. They refused to budge and claimed that their Agent requested them to this respective Bus. Muassasah Official intervened and the Kenyans stayed on. I began to lose my temper and removed their luggage and placed them on the Bus staircase for I did not know where their final destination was and my Group luggage had overfilled the compartment. The Bus moved out and I was flabbergasted with the six (6) Kenyans. Out at the Airport Terminal, the Bus stopped at the Gate and the Bus Driver requested them to alight. Initially they refused and after a short argument, the Bus Driver pointed to the waiting Coaster that would shuttle them to continue their journey. What a relief and now we were on our own heading to Mekah. It was the Muassasah Official fault for not explaining to us that the Kenyans were only hitch ride to the Main Gate. Musykillah, ana mafi Arabi and anta mafi English.

We were all fully exhausted as our day started as early as 0700 hrs. We slept the whole journey, only awakened when the Bus had entered Mekah City. We arrived at Nawarat Sham Hotel 1 closed to midnight waited by Haji Mokhdzar and Haji Mohamad.

06 Dec 2015: The Group was served with late dinner and room keys distributed.

We hurriedly checked in our luggage into the room. At 0200 hrs assembled in front of Zam Zam Tower and headed by Haji Mokhdzar, the Umrah ritual of tawaf and saie began. It was closed to subuh, the ritual completed.

My Mekah roommate was Haji Ayob, Encik Kamarulzaman and Dato Malik.
After breakfast, it was complete rest and sleeping time for the Group. We were on the go for the past 24 hours.

After asar, I sent all dirty clothing used at Dubai to the usual Laundry. 

07 Dec 2015: Free & Easy. During subuh, for the first experience, I prayed on the first ring of Mataf. I found it very practical as Kaabah was clear in front of me.
 
My good Mekah buddy, Haji Nan visited me at the Hotel and delivered the new jubah that I had asked him to tailor made during last Ramadan.

After zohor, Dato Malik and I decided to have lunch at De Saji Restaurant at Safwah. Haji Zahalan joined us. I ordered Murtabak for RSD 10. On the way back, I showed Dato Malik the short cut back to the Hotel vide Zam Zam Tower. I showed him all the Rat Lanes.



  

Some experienced Jemaah lead the first timers to Tanaim for miqat ritual to perform an umrah.

In between Maghreeb and Isyakh, I took Dato Malik to Masjidilharam newly constructed wing and Jabal Omar Shopping Complex.

08 Dec 2015: For subuh, Dato Malik joined me at the first ring of Mataf.

After breakfast it was Menasik Haj Tour. With Mutawif, Haji Hussein Al Fatani, the Group were taken to Jabal Thur, Arafah, Mudzalifah, Mina and finally to Jairanah to miqat for another umrah. As the Bus was on the way to Jairanah, I remembered my sister and looked to the right where Surayat Al Haram is. My late sister was buried there when she passed away in Mekah last January 2015.
 
After the completion of saie, Puan Mi Kalsum was wheel chair back to the Hotel by other Jemaah from neighboring Hotel. She was left stranded alone when the paid Helper abandoned her. I managed to contact her daughter by sms who was still at Masjidilharam perhaps frantically looking for her Mother.

(Hand phone and Hotel card come in handy under such circumstances).










After asar, collected laundry and a tour of Pakistan Street to do some shopping. I showed Dato Malik the local Fruit Market but the fruit that we wish to buy was not available.






In between Maghreeb and Isyakh, Dato Malik and I toured Zam Zam tower Food Court of which I have not ventured before.

09 Dec 2015: After suboh, one Almukminin Jemaah was stranded halfway as she suddenly sprained her ankle. I got the Hotel wheel chair and did a 911 rescue and wheeled her back to the Hotel.

Dato Malik joined Ustaz Aziz to Tanaim to perform miqat.




After asar, Dato Malik and I went to Bangla Street and I picked up a jacket for RSD 50. Information received from Medina that the temperature had dropped to 4 Degree C during subuh. The tea tasted good in Mekah with Luna Brand milk and I bought two (2) tins to have similar taste back home.

Maghreeb was only in the room as Haji Mokhdzar and I had to prepare for the tahlil at the Dining Hall immediately after Maghreeb. Eight (8) talam of Nasi Mandy was specially ordered for the occasion.






10 Dec 2015: The Group visited Hudaibiyah for miqat and the Mutawif was Ustaz Hussein Al Fatani. It was unfortunate we did not get any written permission to enter the Museums. The Bus went straight back to Mekah so that the Jemaah could perform their umrah.

After Maghreeb on returning to the Hotel, I met my friends from Addeen Travel who’s newly arrived Jemaah were also residing at the same Hotel. I was glad to see familiar faces of Haji Pak Wan, Haji Boy, Haji Israqy, Haji Imam Rodi and Haji Radi. Haji Pak Wan insisted me joining him for dinner at the First Floor and henceforth adjourned to my Hotel Room for Isyakh prayer.

At night, my teeth started giving me problem, having tooth ache. The funny part, the pain only came when I lied down.

11 Dec 2015: FRIDAY and last Day in Mekah.

At 1000 hrs I guided Ustaz Anwar to Saudi Airline Office at Fourth Floor, Hilton to get the boarding pass for Jemaah destined for home via jeddah.

Haji Mokhdzar had a meeting with me on the Group’s final leg to Medina. At the same time, handed to him the tip money collected and he handed me RSD 600 for expenses in Medina.

As I had lot of supervision to do, I performed my widaq at 1100 hrs before the Friday prayer. Luggage was instructed to be down at the Hotel Lobby before Friday Prayer. The Muslimah took the opportunity to perform Friday prayer and I reminded them that Jumaat prayer is only two (2) rakaat.

Soon after lunch, I was very surprised that the Bus to Medina had prematurely arrived. It was too good to be true; Arabs are not known to be punctual. The Hotel Porter started loading the luggage and I got two (2) boxes of mineral water for the 475 kilometer crossing the desert to Medina.

When all set, one Jemaah was missing, Hajah Mahani Ghazali and she was nowhere to be seen. We waited for a while but she failed to turn up. Haji Mokhdzar instructed me to proceed and stop at any town outskirt of Mekah for our asar prayer. We stopped at a town call Jamlu and headed to the Mosque. Information received that Hajjah Mahani was back at the Hotel and Haji Mohamad would sent her by taxi to rendezvous with us. It was nearing Maghreeb and we performed Maghreeb joining the congregation and jamak Isyakh individually. We were glad, finally Hajjah Mahani was with us and we could proceed in total group for our hijrah to Medina.

As we resumed the long journey, I announced to the Group that it was Dato Malik birthday today and a box of doughnut and tepong bungkus was distributed all round. How old? Biar lah rahsia, but I know. It was very nostalgic that Dato Malik had his ?? birthday, both in Mekah and Medina. Never regret convincing him to join me for the Dubai Umrah.

We stopped at one R & R halfway for a short drink and broke journey. The cold temperature of Medina could be felt. I alerted Hj Kadir in Medina of our expected arrival. It was closed to midnight again that we reached Mubarak Medina Hotel. Room keys were distributed which occupants similar as were in Mekah. This time the room was a bit bigger compared to the one in Mekah.

12 Dec 2015: Free and easy until asar. Jemaah were encouraged to pay homage to the Holy Prophet’s Shrine and to enter Raudah. Experienced Jemaah were to lead the first timers.

Immediately after asar, I manged to get Hj Zahalan room changed from 623 to 315. The former was for quad whereas Hj Zahalan was on triple. The extra bed, in the quad occupied unnecessary space.

About fifteen (15) Jemaah joined Ustaz Andika Luqman for outside Nabawi tour. They were taken to Baqi, Kiblat area and the Holy Prophet Exhibition Hall. Those who visit Medina are encouraged to see the Exhibition to have an insight how Medina was, during the Holy Prophet’s era. 

After Isyakh, I need to top up my sim card. My toothache was getting worse and I entered a Pharmacy looking for the best pain killer in town and cost me RSD 30. At the same time I bought four tubes of Voltran for my buddy back home. For dinner, Dato Malik and I decided for a change and we had bakso at Restaurant Indonesia.

13 Dec 2015: After breakfast, lead by Mutawif, Ustaz Andika Luqman, the group was taken to Medina outskirt tour. We started with Quba Mosque, Makam Syuhada, Jabal Uhud, Date Farm and Masjid Tujuh. At the Date Farm, I bumped into my ex Guthrie colleague, Haji Rosli Ujang.






Just before Maghreeb, Haji Kadir came to meet me and we had tea at Taiba Shopping Complex after Maghreeb. Later after Isyakh, Ustaz Andika Luqman came to deliver the Ajwa Alia date which the Jemaah had ordered.

14 Dec 2015: Last Day in Medina.

At 1000 hrs Ustaz Luqman picked me up and we went to Emirate Airline Office. Unfortunately the Office did not issue boarding passes. Since Ustaz Andika Luqman had to pick up some more dates, he took me to Abdul Qadeer Ajwa Alia Date Farm. I had the opportunity to see the well organized Date Farm. This Farm only caters for specialized customers and never on sale at any Date Shop shelf.
After asar, I went shopping for assortments of dates, amber, shakari etc.




Just before Maghreeb, Ustaz Andika Luqman and I were summoned to Puan Mi Kalsum’s room as she was gasping for breath and look sickly. I was worried stiff and if condition worsens after Maghreeb, we had to refer her to the Hospital. Alhamdullillah, her condition was better as we had two (2) Nurses in the Group and they attended to her.

Widaq Rasullah was after Isyakh, dinner, check out and off to Medina Airport. Again, the Muassasah Bus was way before time and the Hotel Porters loaded the luggage into the Bus Compartment with RSD 50 baqsis.

The bus left for Medina Airport at 2300 hrs with Ustaz Luqman delivering the last tazkirah in the bus. Upon arrival at the Airport, the Airport Porters took over and with the baqsis of RSD 100 the trolleys were all lined up at the Emirate Check In Counter. I got to the Zam Zam water counter and claimed 40 boxes of zam zam water @RSD 9 each. The able bodied Male Jemaah assisted me to label the boxes ensuring the name tags remain intact.

15 Dec 2015: At about 0100 hrs, Emirate Counter was opened and being first in line, we had the first preference. Ustaz Andika Luqman handled the Check In and I distributed to the jemaah once boarding passes was done. The whole process completed with baqsis of RSD 500. All luggages were checked in, to the relief of the Group. Not to fear, Pakmus is here.

Time to say farewell to Ustaz Andika Luqman and we all entered the Airport Departure Hall. In haste I even forget to retrieve the Profile from Ustaz Luqman. EK 808 flew off to Dubai at 0455 hrs and landed at Dubai International at 0820 hrs. There was a change of Departure Gate from 12B to 5A destined for Kuala Lumpur and I had to redirect the Jemaah to the right gate. Due to the changes, we had no time to finish off our balance Emirate Dirham at Dubai Airport.

EK 342 took off for KLIA at 1015 hrs and landed safely at 2125 hrs local Malaysian time. I was fast asleep when the plane crossing the Indian Sub Continent and only awakened above Nicobar Island.
All luggage and zam zam water arrived intact.

HOME SWEET HOME.    

     

No comments: