Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Day Finally Arrived.

The Date:  30 July 2016 (Saturday) when my only daughter MUZLIFAH was solemnized in matrimony with Nor Hazeri bin Abdul Rahman.

Place: 128 Jalan Lengkongan,
            Kampong Raja Uda,
            42000 Port Klang,
            SELANGOR.

On the eve, siblings with their families including my Mother arrived from Ipoh. For my Mother’s comfort, I made a pre reservation a Family Room at the nearby Travel Inn Motel for the night. She definitely deserved a comfortable place to stay.

My Mother specifically requested my sister Zakiyah to prepare (or ordered) bahulu strawberry jam, bahulu ikan, pulut wajid kacau and pulut wajid delima. Since my brother Azman was to bring along the famous Taiping lemang, the side dish that I requested my sister Zakiyah to prepare my favorite rendang kerang daun kunyit. That goes very well with the lemang and I know Shasha loves lemang.

The DAY:












The marriage (akad nikah) ceremony took place sharp at 11 am and by virtue as a father, the Wali, it was appropriate I personally solemnized the tying of the knot. The akad nikah (marriage) was witnessed by my cousin YBhg Dato Malik Ahmad and buddy, YM Raja Sahar Manja. The Deputy Kadi in attendance was Tuan Haji Yusuf Ismail. The witnesses certified the akad nikah after the second (2nd.) recitations. I wasn’t in the least nervous and was in the state of extreme confident pronouncing the akad, audibly clear perhaps I had been practicing the text repeatedly prior to the auspicious day. It was indeed a tremendous relief, successfully performing the fatherly duty.





















I was emotionally pleased that my aging Mother was spot on, personally witnessed the marriage ceremony of her eldest granddaughter. Her dream fulfilled. Regrettably, my Mother was not in attendance when I took my wife in matrimony, forty three (43) years ago. I was filled with emotion when my daughter and son in law paid homage to their grandmother soon after the marriage promissory (takliq) was read. After all these years, my daughter finally paid in lieu what I owed to my Mother. I did not realize tears started to trickle. My daughter is now a married woman. It was never too late for Allah had designated that 30 July 2016, a Man will take her hand.











Only a younger brother, sister and two (2) sisters in law on my side spared their time to witness their niece’s marriage ceremony. On my wife’s side, all her living siblings and their families attended except for one who is OKU. Her brother, Dato Abas and wife Datin Maimunah took time off even though they were also busy in preparation for their impending son’s wedding the following weekend. The prime importance, the ceremony was as per schedule and to perfection. The ceremony overall was executed with simple Malay tradition without any hitches or hiccups. There were smiles and laughter all round. Simply….there was no “cikadak” or “mulut longkangspecimens around. Their absence was lauded.
























My invited Guests was selective as I had ordered only four (4) round tables with ten (10) chairs each apart from the two (2) tables for four (4) from the household. It was close to a hundred in total that joined the family during the joyous occasion. The attendees including the bridegroom’s entourage comprised of about forty (40) was entertained by a luncheon buffet catered by Sajian Asnah Catering Services. As usual, my kind neighbors topped up the buffet table with varieties of Malay kuih. Tapai pulut was not missed, as it was specially pre requested.

Later in the evening, my youngest brother and his family arrived all the way from Bagan Serai and they were all directed including my Mother and the rest to Pakli Homestay in Shah Alam. I had to ensure they all had a comfortable place to stay as my house definitely unable to accommodate the sudden crowd. Moreover, Pakli Homestay is very close to the Dewan Banquet where the Reception was to be held the following day - Sunday.

During the night anyway, I was fully occupied supervising the Planner and coordinating with MBSA Supervisors to set up the Banquet Hall. The most important was the setting up of the bridal dais (pelamin) in accordance to the planned design. The door gifts had to be transported to the Banquet Hall and Haji Mokdzar together with Haji Kadir was of great assistance with the Triton. (Haji Kadir, an associate from Medina Saudi Arabia rescheduled his return trip to Medina in order to be presence at my reception).

Meantime, on site, I meticulously discussed and agreed with the MC (Master of Ceremony) of the Reception detail Program. My wife’s nieces and nephews were busy putting up the banners and direction signage. My sister, Zakiyah was the Deputy to my wife, putting up the final touches. Glad that everyone presence in the Banquet Hall that night played their respective roles. My in law, Azlan and Rashidah make their presence felt to ensure their children performed their designated assignments accordingly.

It was closed to midnight, after sending my sister Zakiyah back to Pakli Homestay, we were finally back to home base in Port Klang to hit the sack. Exhausted and must be up and about for tomorrow.
My wife and I were very please about Saturday’s do and was looking forward for another eventful day on Sunday. The house was in a mess but we would sort it out later.


Syukur Alhamdullillah. (Thank you, Allah).

The Bridegroom entourage:












ALL WELL THAT END WELL.



No comments: