Monday, May 10, 2010

White ant disaster.





12 Jalan Siantan.
Very early in the morning, the lean to roof of Wahab Baderi house at 12 Jalan Siantan collapsed to the ground. No property or life lost as at that hour, the family was all in bed not resting at the patio.

Once I was informed it struck my mind that the whole house had collapsed and I was relieved when I paid a visit, only the lean to roof had collapsed. Thank Allah it was not a serious disaster. The cause: White ants had been residing at Wahab Baderi house for ages and the structural are all wooden. Wahab Baderi house is a typical ancestral Malay kampong house.

I always remember about white ant disaster which destroyed a box full of my sentimental 1960s & 1970s SP and LP record. The family was on overseas holiday for a month and we left the house unattended. When I came back, to my horror, the white ant had crept out from the under the staircase mini store and ventured out at the wall skirting. From there on at every five (5) years, the Pest Controller would inspect and eliminate the menace. The site where my house is, was a coconut plantations.
.

No comments: