Monday, February 7, 2011

Chinese New Year 2011.

03 February 2011 – 04 February 2011.

I don’t really realize it came and gone. Only during the eve, the sound of fire crackers cracked the silent night. The barking of my rear neighbor’s dog in tandem with the fire crackers banging the air was tolerated. After all it only happens once a year. It was a long weekend holidays from Thursday through Sunday but to me every other day is a holiday.

There was no plan to balik kampong as the rest did as I hate the long jam at the Highway. Let the Chinese enjoy themselves on the Highway. I despise most when some stupid Drivers use the service lane to overtake when the traffic slowing down during long queue. I just cannot tolerate those inconsiderate idiots. These are the same people who actually contribute to the jam when they swerve onto the normal lane.

My son returned home, maybe KL was quiet and my darling Shasha spent Friday and Saturday with us. Therefore the house was full of giggling and mischief. I taught that cheeky little fellow how to play game on the IPad and I make her learn how to write the alphabet. She learn fast.

Kitchen Terrorist.

Learning the Alphabets. A B C D.............

Game time at the IPad.

Saturday 5 February 2011 after lunch, I received disturbing telephone call that my once opposite neighbor Ghaffar passed away due to prolong asthmatic. I attended the jenazah prayer at the Mosque and together with few close friends we chaperoned the former Motorolla Supervisor to the burial ground. The funeral lasted till close to Maghreeb.

It was an upset night when Manchester United lost to the last of the table, Wolverhampton Wanderers by 2 – 1. The result broke the unbeaten run of MU in the Premier League and I suspected something fishy was going on. Pre match, the nearest contender, Arsenal had a drawn game.

Sunday 06 February 2011, the last day of the long holidays, we went out shopping at SACC Complex at Shah Alam and had lunch at the nearby PKNS Complex. In the evening, spring cleansing of the aquarium. I want to revert to my favorite species, “arowana” and the present “koi” transferred to the garden pond.

Chelsea lost to Liverpool by 0 - 1. I was happy because Liverpool is not a serious contender compared to Chelsea to be the League Champion.

I have not forgotten my Chinese friends during the New Year. Though I did not attend any of their open houses but I greeted them via the modern technology of sms.

No comments: