Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Unofficial Open House.

My house is always open, not necessarily on Hari Raya festive seasons. Last weekend I and the family were busy entertaining those who called at our residence.

Saturday: Started in the afternoon, Badiozaman Abdullah and his son came by KTM Kommuter to Port Klang all the way from Gombak. Badiozaman was my playmate during my small kampong days back to the 50s. He brought along a document that I had been looking for ages. It was followed by Rosli and his two (2) sons from Shah Alam. Rosli was my roommate during January 2013 Umrah. Since it was mid noon, we all had kampong style lunch in the house. It was simple dishes of ikan rebus goreng, gulai pucuk ubi, masak lemak udang and masak lemak ikan kembong.

Later in the evening, Tuan Haji Azman, his wife and four (4) sons from Meru paid a visit. I first met Tuan Haji Azman & family when we were together during January 2013 Umrah. The sons were excited to meet Atok Aji Mus and the youngest chubby fellow used to tag along with me in Mekah. They were excited to hear stories of my latest trip in Ramadan to the Holy Land.

After Maghreeb, the Mosque mates came raided. In the entourage were YM Raja Sahar, Wak Salim, Sabirin, Tuan Haji Izhar, Tuan Haji Zulkifli and Tuan Haji Murad Yatim. They only had dates, cookies and soft drinks. It was just a courtesy call as later after Isyakh we had three (3) open houses to be presence.
  
Sunday: It was a planned simple open house only for invited Guests. The Ladies of the House prepared lontong and mee kuah.

The first Guests to arrive were Haji Mokhzar and family of Almukmininj Travel & Tours. The three (3) sons really enjoyed the food simultaneously very occupied with wifi and digital game on the hand phone.

My daughter also invited her Office mates and friends. Two (2) of them brought along their small kids and I enjoyed watching them and their cheeky antics. The toys and the ice cream make them occupied.

In the evening after asar, my left door neighbor, Tuan Haji Isa came with his family, a total of six (6) adults. Among them was his newly wedded son with the daughter in law. They brought along the wedding album for us to share.

After Maghreeb, it was my right door neighbor, Tuan Haji Zakaria MZ and wife. We had time to ourselves and we exchanged the latest. We talked on the topic ranging from health to politics. They left just after Isyakh.

My left and right door neighbors are very special to me. They never failed coming to my house every Aidilfitri or whatever function I do organized. They are like a family and we cooperate in many ways. They look after my house vice versa when the house is empty, when we are away somewhere. We alternately put on the porch light at night for security. The relationships bonded from the day we moved in to the newly completed double terrace house way back in 1984.

The day was so occupied and tiring, by 2300 hrs I just could not open my eyes to watch the Chelsea vs Hull Game.


Coming weekend…………I expected someone would call to meet the Old Man.  

No comments: