Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 2010.

December - the busiest and the wettest month of the year. It is a long term school break and not a weekend spared for weddings and all sorts of kenduris. Happiness to some children when they successfully went through the circumcise rituals. As a boy then it was a relief that I went through it myself. To the newborn this is the time the parents organize the “cukur jambul” (the chipping of the hair) rituals.

This is the season where relatives from afar can make the long journey home to “balik kampong” and meet up with the old folks and clansmen. I choose weekday to do my personal errands as the weekend fully occupied by various invitations. Christmas holidays are all booked.

I would be 65 coming 17 and I planned a small do a day after, just a “doa selamat” among close friends. I should be thankful (syukur) having survived all these years, being bred in a kampong, educated in the cities, served a conglomerate, saw the world and finally settle down in the busiest Port city of Malaysia but still in a kampong. It is rare that Malay does not somewhere in his/her life associate with a kampong. I am never ashamed that I am from a kampong.

Heartiest congratulation, to my niece Noor Sharizan Ramli. She would be summoned to the Bar on 21 January 2011. The family wishes her well for the future.

My friend Haji Farid Mohd is coming back from his Haj on the 8 and on 17, my birthday, together we are attending a wedding at Felda Perdana Hall. Haji Nageeb declared to break off relationship if I fail to attend his daughter’s wedding. Within the vicinity, I have two weddings of my late friend’s children respectively, late Haji Zan and late Haji Ghazali Adam which I shall not miss, isyaalah. In memory of our friendship, I have to make my presence felt.

On the political front, I don’t understand why Muslims want to make use of the Mosque as their base to demonstrate against the Government. I don’t see the Christians using the Churches, the Hindus using the Temple, the Chinese using the Toh Peh Kong for the same purpose. The House of Worship is supposed to be Holy and clean. This is the problem when some people misuse the place of worship for their own political agenda and greed.

The “cablegate wikileak” leak was testaments who are the real Devils. What puzzle me most, the Arab fears the Iranians more than they fear the Israelis. I don’t condone nuclear weapons, it must be totally eradicated and must not be possess by any country in this world. It must not be a double standard and nothing at any term only certain nation can possess one. Believe me…….the nuclear weapons is the one that’s going to destroy the world.

Happay Maal Hijrah to all Muslims. All Muslims ought to learn the concept and the true meaning of Maal Hijrah. The Holy Prophet swt made the right choice of migrating from Mecca to Medina. Islam spread from thereon until to this date.

No comments: