Sunday, July 24, 2011

Down Country Road.

24 July 2011, a beautiful Sunday I went down the country road back to ancestral hometown, BOTA KANAN.

I visited the ancestral graveyard of Padang Tenggala to pay homage to my late father and the rest of the Abdullah clan. I always pursue the trouble to visit the graveyard just before every Ramadan. This time I was accompanied by brother Azman who joined me all the way from Taiping.

After the visit I dropped over at my late sister’s house and I was delighted that the old house is now occupied and being rented out. Rather than the house being left abandoned and left to rot, I thank my nephew for making the good decision. That old house was once belonging to my late paternal grandparents. I remember when I first visited the house when I was a kid the house was facing the Perak River. The River was the main means of transportation then. Later when the Bota/ Parit road was constructed, the house was dismantled and rebuilt to face the road.

Last year before Ramadan when I passed by the house I saw creepers crawling to the windows and I was sad to see the house in that deplorable state but today I am really delighted that the old house is now occupied and would be maintain. If it remains that way, perhaps one day I am able to show to my grandchildren and great grandchildren where his/her roots originated.

Never ever forget your root. It is they that you exist today.


No comments: