Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Retreat.

A beautiful Sunday on 03 July 2011 I felt restless, mind boggling and I suggested to the family for a retreat at the Dusun (Orchard). The weather was fine. I wanted to survey the development of the durian and rambutan, how they were maturing on the trees. My niece and nephews were on site to perform their Sunday evening routine of watering the young plants and weeding. Every willing and able bodied of the clan member render a helping hand.


The Rambutan was still green.







The durian still hanging on to the branches.


My task was simple, going around like a Mandore but I hate to see old tree stumps lying around and I polluted the atmosphere by torching them. I very well acknowledge that open burning is an offence but that’s the agricultural practice in history. Cities were built from forest and they burnt the forest to transform it to a City. I did not burnt forest, only a pile of old tree stumps. It was not a big deal. It would not contribute to hazy environment.


The bonfire.

The durian was developing all right and the rambutan was still green. I plucked a few limau kasturi to enrich the sambal belacan taste.


Limau kasturi.

My prediction the durian will reach full maturity sometimes in August during the month of Ramadan.

No comments: