Saturday, March 3, 2012

At the Jogging Track.

The greenery jogging track.

Pak Meor had been missing from the Jogging track a couple of days. Several regulars had been asking where the familiar figure has gone. I think they missed him a lot, normally we can hear Pak Meor two (2) kilometers away.

I called Pak Meor the other day and he was at Pandamaran Health Center collecting his medication. He had been absent from the track due to some problem with his leg. He feels a sharp needle point pain when stepping. I am not sure whether it is gout.

Pak Meor would normally at the Jogging track as early as 0700 hrs and punctually leaving at 0830 hrs even in the midst of a serious discussion. He has to report sharply to the Madame at home. One fine day he gave the excuse that he wanted to buy belacan (shrimp paste) and it has now become a joke, when any regular leave early that the person want to buy belacan.

It is interesting to meet new faces of various races and characters at the Jogging track. Majority are veterans, Government Pensioners or Private sector Retirees. I budged into a former Security Guard at my work place that is now operating a Satay Stall. I had been invited several times to taste his satay. Maybe, one fine evening I will oblige him.

The moment someone within the crowd picks up a political topic, I slowly excused myself. The jogging track is for me to relax not a place to pick up an argument. Political ideologies varies.

The current hot topic discuss is BR1M. Everyone is asking whether they have got theirs? Pak Meor is no exception and he had even collected his. On BR1M there is one exception for one who proudly declared his monthly pension is RM 4000 per month and he has six (6) sons who are Pengarah (Directors). Therefore he is not eligible to collect BR1M. On top of that, lately he also has a son who is a Kadhi somewhere in Johore. Picking up another wife is no problem, so he said. Just bring along the banking statement and he can arrange the rest. Since I am not interested picking up another wife. I just listened, right ear in and left ear out.

At one corner there is a group of Nyoya who do the senamrobik and a few sitting Buddha like, motionless facing the rising morning sun. To me it looks peculiar but it is their kind of physical exercise which they only understand. I just let the world goes by. There is also one Chinaman who brisk walking around and collecting aluminum tin cans. I think he is being smart, making money while walking.

I like picking up conversation with one plump old Chinaman, a Retiree from Klang Port Authority. I address him as “Apek” and every day he would tell me the same old story when he used to have various races of contract workers and had worked with all, Melayu, China, India, Jawa and Banjar. His normal topic is racial harmony and everyone is “abang adik” (brothers) to him. He does not jog or walk but cycled around with his old bicycle. I normally disturb him by picking his Chinese Newspaper from the bicycle carrier just to browse the colorful snapshots printed. I like the way he talk, reminding me of my late Grandfather who never stop chattering and lecturing about the yesteryears.

While meeting with new acquaintances, it is nice to understudy each and everyone characters. It also nice to observe how and each style’s of walking. We have a special style by Haji Salleh – Lenggang Mak Limah. There is one guy, my Mosque mate, short little fellow but he walk like a Mail Train, speedy Gonzales overtaking me. I for one refuse any one to accompany me while I brisk walk because I enjoy doing it at my own pace. Simultaneously I plug the ear phone to my hand set and I can listen to a selected surah from the Holy Al Quraan. I am collecting some shares for Thereafter.

At the jogging track I temporarily forget about my worries. Sweat is the best medication. I feel helpless and blank when it rain in the morning. My normal routine interrupted.

At the jogging Track, “Macam Macam Ada”.

Note: BR1M = Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia – One payoff by the Malaysian Government of RM 500 to those household income of less than RM 3000 monthly.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really nice one i like your idea about Jogging track