Monday, March 19, 2012

General Election.

The 13 General Election is round the corner, maybe sometimes in June 2012. The Prime Minister is yet to set the date and it is any one guess now. Following was the General Election held and its corresponding year:-

1 – 1959.

2 – 1964.

3 – 1969. (Followed with May 13 incidents).

4 – 1974.

5 – 1978.

6 – 1982.

7 – 1986.

8 – 1990.

9 – 1995.

10 – 1999.

11 – 2004.

12 – 2008. (Five states captured by the Opposition Alliance).

13 – ?????? – Probably, 2012.

I had been exercising my right as a registered voter since the 3rd General Election in 1969 at Port Dickson. Now my polling station had been transferred to Pandamaran State and Klang Parliamentary in the State of Selangor. Currently both are being held by the Opposition Party, the DAP (Democratic Action Party) since the 12th. General Election held in 2008. The whole state of Selangor is govern by Pakatan Rakyat an alliance of PKR, DAP and PAS. Since PKR won the most number of seats among the alliance, PKR representative became the Chief Minister who happened to be my former CEO in Kumpulan Guthrie. Very familiar face and ……………

I am anxiously waiting for the PM announcement when he wants to declare the next General Election date. I want to exercise my right again deciding who should govern Selangor and Malaysia in general. I have seen and underwent what’s happening to Selangor, my kampong and my Mosque for the years since 12th General Election and obviously I know what to do this time around. Only Allah knows what I do and whom will I vote. I will vote with my brain not with my sentiment.

The bottom line I just want to sustain a peaceful Malaysia for all Malaysians no matter what race or religion. If you ask a Melayu at KLIA / LCCT just back from a visit in Indonesia, whether he wants to stay forever in Indonesia? The answer is definitely NO WAY. Similarly to a Chinaman just back from China or an Indian back from India. That shows how beautiful a place like Malaysia to live in. In China and India they don’t even have a proper Toilet. In Malaysia you can walk in to any Restaurant Washroom and enjoy your do.

Neighboring countries (except Singapore) are flocking to Malaysia legally or illegally to find a bowl of rice. Some are even prepared to spread their legs wide open to feed their families back home. Malaysian streets and rubbish bins are littered with money. Collecting used can drink can be converted to money, provided one are prepared to be a scavenger.

The future of Malaysia is in our hand. Vote wisely and be prepared for the consequences if one ever makes a mistake and suffer to the next General Election perhaps in 2016 (if any).