Monday, December 31, 2012

Last loss 2012.



On 29 December 2012 as I was waiting for the TV3 2000 hrs News Bulletin I got a call from my nephew in Ipoh that my brother Mahmud bin Abdul Hamid answered Allah’s call at 1830 hrs.

Aged 65, Tenaga Nasional retiree, grandfather of two (2) Brother Mahmud passed away at home soon discharged from Ipoh Medical Center. As reported he succumbed to heart attack. He passed away complaining that he felt weak and faded off peacefully.

Soon as I got the shocking news I immediately made a few calls to close relatives to inform about the demise. Over several phone calls with my sister in Ipoh we had several alternatives where the body would be lying in state and finally buried. I made the final decision that the body would stay put in his house at Pengkalan Impian and laid to rest at Pengkalan Pegoh Muslim Cemetary. So happened Tuan Haji Shariman (my roommate during 1999 Haj) called me from Ipoh agreed to arrange and oversee all the prior burial rituals and will make all arrangement and undertake all responsibilities. Without hesitation I accepted and agreed to his gesture. 

The family left for Ipoh at 0030 hrs with moderate speed and arrived at my mother’s house at 0330 hrs. The other brothers & sisters had arrived earlier.

We arrived at late Brother Mahmud’s house at 0830 hrs on 30 December 2012 and paid our condolence to his wife and two (2) children. Tuan Haji Shariman was there and I was very confident that everything would be in good hands. Tuan Haji Shariman is a family friend too. I was touched when Mikail aged 3; Brother Mahmud’s grandson sat on my lap thinking that I am his late Grandfather.

Tears were rolling as each of us kissed Brother Mahmud while his body lied motionless and bid final farewell before taken into the hearse.  

Ustaz Rahman, Mahmud’s brother in law arranged for the last prayer to be held at Masjid Al Hidayah, Pengkalan Pegoh. Everything went smooth as per schedule. 

Brother Mahmud was finally laid to rest at Ipoh Pengkalan Pegoh Muslim Cemetary at 1100 hrs. Thank you, Tuan Haji Shariman and Ustaz Rahman.

I was deeply moved to see my aging mother witnessing her son being buried and surely a great loss to her. My Mother was right at the edge witnessing her son missing from her eye sights. Brother Mahmud often did an errand for her by driving her to the Clinic and wherever she wishes to go. She is going to miss late Brother Mahmud badly as she moaned to me. I comforted her as Allah had wishes so and life has to go on.

Everybody has to go someday, a matter of time. Only Allah knows when.

Al Fathihah.  

No comments: