Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The End is Near.



The end of 2012 is near and 2013 is just round the corner. The world as speculated by Scientist and the Mayans did not come to an end on 21 December 2012. They have now come with another date. I don’t care whatever date they fix.

2012 – I expected for the General Election and I had made my mind which political party to vote but the GE never materialized. My decision would not deviate at any date Najib decide to hold one. My guess would be after Kong Hee Fatt Choy. Like it or not, it must be held before April 2013.
The Kampong moved to a new less equips Mosque in tandem with the selection of major Committee Members being downplayed by the Ketua Kampong, the Mosque Adviser. The Jemaah selection was blatantly ignored and he chose morons from his political party and his close associates. It is enough that he had divided the kampong, even the Mosque he interfered? That is the House of Allah. No actions were taken of the errant misdoings of 2009 – 2012 Mosque Committees as bird of the same feather flock together. 
  
I spend about forty (40) days away from the country. The usual a month stay in the Holy Land and the rest was in Jordan and Indonesia. I finally saw the Dead Sea and tasted the salinity. The story of the Dead Sea was narrated in the Holy Koran Surah Hud 82. The word sodomy originated from a town called Sodom which Allah drowned into the Dead Sea. Early 2012, I and the wife toured Banda Aceh to see the impact of the tsunami. Though it happened about eight (8) years ago but the remaining of the horrific sights touched my heart. The tsunami impact photographs posted at the Museum is a horrible sights to see and syukur alhamdullillah Malaysia is way off from the Ring of Fire. I was in Pekanbaru Indonesia late November and met friends whom last met about ten (10) years ago. I enjoyed the jengkol and daging dendeng.
 
Major renovation made at first floor of my double storey terrace house. The parquet flooring was removed due to termite attack and replaced with ceramic tiles. It drained quite an amount from the pocket.
The surprise of the year – my BP 16 car number plate was finally sold at an undisclosed amount. This car was last abandoned in 1976 at a Workshop somewhere in Johore Baharu and I left it to rot. Someone traced the ownership and I was tracked. I don’t need the number anyway and I have no more sources to purchase a new car. So be it, closed my eyes and settled with the negotiated amount. Frankly, the price of the car was cheaper than the number plate.

The most hated event of the year - Bersih Rally and the Students PTPN standoff at Dataran Merdeka. I support clean and peaceful demonstrations but would not condone when it turned violent and/or resisted the Authorities. This country has laws and every citizens of the country must abide to it. If anyone is unhappy about the law of the country he or she is free to migrate wherever he/she wishes. If democracy in Indonesia is better, just take the ferry, the cheapest mean or Air Asia for that matter and piss off. In Indonesia you can demonstrate and changing your identity every other day. 

Loss of the year – the most prominent was my Esso working days buddy, Haji Mustaffa Che Din. Regret I was unable to bid farewell as he demised in Nibong Tebal, Seberang Perai. I knew him since 1966 when he was my senior at Esso Refinery. Was a good story teller, (sometimes bullshitted his way) and really enjoyed his company. I also lost Mat Munir, my sparring partner when I was working at Pasir Gudang Johor 1974 – 1977.  

Health wise – It was not too bad as I was hospitalized for two (2) days on personal request. My BP went crazy, fluctuating and I need a good rest to recuperate and to stabilize. I had been watching my diet meticulously, avoiding roti canai and salted dry fish. 
 
I am looking forward to a good year 2013, with good health and no harassment from anybody. I will continue going to places I have never been. May Allah protect this humble soul and the country thee live. Insyaalah. You live you’re way and I live mine. TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN - You have problem, solve it yourself as I have been solving mine all these years all alone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2013. 

No comments: