Friday, August 22, 2008

To the Holy Land.

Today, before the Friday Prayer, I got the flight schedule of my impending pilgrimage to the Holy Land during the month of Ramadhan.


27 August 2008 SV 835 ETD KLIA 1455 ETA JED 1815

04 October 2008 SV 830 ETD JED 2250

05 October 2008 ETA KLIA 1450

Flight schedule on 27 August is from KLIA to Jeddah and on 04 October from Jeddah to KLIA. I would be spending the whole month of September 2008 in Saudi Arabia and would be celebrating the Hari Raya in the Holy City of Mekah. GOD willing, insyaallah, I would be back in Malaysia on the 5th. Hari Raya.

To all my Muslim friends and readers, I am wishing you, Selamat Berpuasa and Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf dzahir dan batin.

I performed my Friday prayer today at Kampong Raja Uda. The sermon touched on current status of Al Aqsa Mosque in Palestine. Al Aqsa is the third holiest Mosque to the Muslims and the Muslim original kiblat was towards this Mosque. The ascension of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) started from this Mosque. It is now under the strict control of the Israel regime, occupied 39 years ago and an insult to all Muslims. This was the case when Muslims or Arabs in particular in the region was not united. We, Malaysian Muslims are not able to visit and pray in this Holy Mosque of Al Aqsa because of non diplomatic relation with the Israeli regime. I seek to the Almighty Allah that one fine day I would be able to pray in the Al Aqsa Mosque. Insyaalah.

No comments: