Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jamil Ariff.

I lost a friend on 4th Hari Raya 2009 on 23 September 2009. Jamil Ariff suffered a stroke two days before Hari Raya and admitted to University Hospital KL. On 23 September 2009 he suffered a heart attack and succumbed to the cardiac arrest.

I knew Jamil since 1960 when we were in Form 1 at GES Tapah. In 1963 to 1965 we were studying together at TI Penang. After Cambridge he joined Telekom Malaysia until retirement. Jamil was a keen sportsman and was excellent in hockey and football.

Two months ago he came to my house prior to giving Tai Chi instruction to his class in Klang. He was a Tai Chi Master, very rare being a Malay. However he did not manage to convince me to join his class.

Raja Mohamad called me prior to my Maghreb prayer on 23 September 2009 to convey the sad news. I was shocked and I must bid farewell to my dear friend. On 24 September 2009 early morning at 0700 hours I left for SS 19 Subang Jaya to pay my last respect. His body was taken to SS 19 Mosque for the last rite and I was fortunate to be able to participate. He was buried at USJ 22 Muslim Cemetry.

About ten of my batch mate TI 63 -65 came to pay our last respect.

May Allah bless his soul.

AL FATIHAH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam Hari raya dan Selamat kembali ke Tanah Air..
Ikhlas dr Mazlan Abdul Hamid