Sunday, November 8, 2009

Impromptu trip.

After the Friday prayer I bumped into Haji Fauzi and he invited for a trip down south to Johore Baharu. He asked me to convince his elder brother Pak Long Mustapa to join as well. Pak Long would come along provided I was in the entourage. The idea was, Haji Fauzi wanted to meet his long lost converted Siamese friend at Plaza Angsana at JB. They last met in 2004. We brought along spare clothing in case we would put up a night in JB.

At 1500 hours we started the journey down south. Fikri was at the wheel; Pak Long and I were enjoying the reclining mid seat as well as the scenery along the way. I too had also a mission – since I was making a trip to JB, my neighbor Haji Adenan asked me to deliver some documents to someone there. The person in JB would contact me upon my arrival. We made two short stop over at Senawang and Simpang Renggam rest area for refreshment and prayer.

We arrived at Plaza Angsana JB at 1915 hrs, met the contact person and the documents delivered. My job was done. Ustaz Ali Yatim, Haji Fauzi friend was eagerly and excitedly waiting for our arrival. After the formal greetings we sat down for business discussion of Ustaz Ali business operation and he kindly took us for a tour the package that he was demonstrating at the Plaza. We then adjourned to New York Hotel for shower and for the evening solat. We were on the 21st. floor and we had a panoramic view of JB by night and Woodland Singapore across the Straits.

At about 2130 hours we went back to Plaza Angsana and Ustaz Ali Yatim made a personal demonstration on Haji Fauzi and Pak Long Mustapa. It was all about the treatment of the eyes. Since I had undergone cataract operations I dare not try the eyes cleansing medication. However Ustaz Ali complimented with goodies of samples.

We decided not to stay a night at JB and with the aid of Pak Long Mustapa navigator hand phone we managed to find our way out from JB and hit the Plus North South Highway. In the mid 70s I frequent JB when I was working at Pasir Gudang but the JB that I knew of was very much different from the present JB. Now, new buildings and township had sprouted everywhere. I lost all my landmarks and beyond recognition. Skudai was just a small outskirt town then but now it is already part of JB. Along the highway we stopped at Macap rest area for dinner cum supper. The place is superbly clean and air condition. It should be as it is normally the first stopping area for Singaporeans and we should portray our Malaysian image.

It was a smooth cruising journey home and the weather was very good. The last stop was at Seremban rest area for Pak Long to fire his smoking pipe. We arrived at Port Klang at the wee of morning at 0330 hours. It was a good break for me, seeing and learning something new. Off late I have been mentally disturbed domestically and politically. The impromptu trip occupied my humble soul physically and mentally temporarily.

No comments: