Monday, November 30, 2009

Shasha was away.

Shasha left for Alor Star with her parents on the eve of Aidiladha, just after the Asar prayer. She came to the house before she left and told the Nenek that Kakak nak balik ampong nak gi umah Tok Ad’. She was smartly attired and showed me her fanciful new belt that her father just bought. I told her lets exchange and no way she agreed. I disturbed her I wanted to come along and she replied “Tak boleh Atok……., sempit” (No more space).We stuffed her with some cookies, wafer, potato chips and other tit bits.

I called her father just before Maghreb and they were just at Ladang Bikam. There was massive traffic jam along the north PLUS Highway. It seems they only arrived at Alor Star past midnight. They could not even break at the R&R area as it was overcrowded. The cookies and the stuff came handy and that was their dinner before arriving Alor Star. Poor Shasaha and Darwis. The parents did not anticipate the balik kampong rush.

We missed her during Aidiladha. The house was kind of quiet. When she is around, we would be busy entertaining to her antics and her favorite is the wash basins. She loves playing with running water from the pipe and keep on washing the spoon and the plastic containers. The Nenek even bought for her a special stool for her to stand on. So, who is pampering her, now? The moment I am missing from the house she would frantically looking for me. For a short errand, the Nenek would tell her I am in the shower.

For a day or two Shasha does not come to the house, I would call the father to dispatch Shasha to my house.

Sometimes I wonder why people don’t love children. I hate to hear news about babies being abandoned in drain, toilets and rubbish dumps. Give it to me if they don’t want them. The children’s laughter and giggling is the best music to me.

No comments: