Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Aidiladha 2009.

It started on the eve. Immediate after Maghreb, Sabirin and I went to collect the pre ordered the two stick of “lemang”. We went back to the Mosque and joined the takbir and tahlil. After Isyakh we had a program of visiting several houses for communal takbir.

The first house was Haji Talib but we skipped. We straight away went to Wahab house and waited for their arrival from Haji Talib house. I just took a few scoop of keuh tiow goreng as there were several houses more to go. Imam Khairuddin and Imam Mat Jebah joined us and the third was Haji Dollah house. I had a plate of Singapore lontong. Nearby, we hopped over to Haji Kemat house and I served myself with only two sticks of chicken satay. The floor was spread with food. We then adjourned to Ali Termizi house. I just took a small cup of fruit cocktail pudding. Next the whole group came to my house. Imam Khairuddin went missing as he had something urgent to do. By this time everybody was full and no more interested with the lemang, ketupat pulut and the rendang that was served to them. They only addressed to the fruits, grapes and tembikai china. Imam Mat Jebah performed the doa selamat. The last house was Haji Sabaruddin and I only took a glass of kopi O and most of us were sitting leaning to the wall. Every house we went we recited the takbir and the recitation of doa selamat. There were about thirty of us in the entourage and I really felt the communal bond between us. Surprisingly, not even one of them was the Kampong PAS followers. The atmosphere was harmonious and warm.

While I was away, my wife niece came and brought three lemang, some rendang and ayam masak merah, contributions from the kampong folks. If I knew I would not have ordered the lemang. Now we have plenty of lemang and rendang. She also brought some cempedak from the family kebun.

The solat sunat Aidiladha started at 0815 hours. Everybody was anxiously waiting for the Nazir to deliver his speech and repeating the same unnecessary remark as what he did during solat sunat Aidilfitri. Few of the kampong sons was sitting at center 3rd saf waiting like a hungry lions. The moment something controversial, they were going to pounch on him. Fortunately, the Nazir did not deliver any speech; instead the Secretary who is equally unfavourable gave a five minute briefing on the sacrificing of cows at the following day. He looked and sounded nervous as he address the Jemaah, as hadirin hadirat instead of Muslimin Muslimat di Rahmati Allah. Nothing was mention about the status and developemnet of the New Mosque which is under construction. During the sunat solat Aidilfitri, a few months ago, they were very cocky elaborating the status and character assisination.

After the prayer, Imam Khairuddin and a few of my Mosque colleague came to my house and my wife prepared lontong as the main menu. We sat for breakfast and talked about several current issues pertaining to the Mosque current event and development. The number of cows to be sacrifice the following day had drop tremendously compared to the tenure of the previous Mosque Committee. That clearly indicated the Kampong residents are not responsive and cooperating towards the management of the current Mosque Committee.

After the zohor prayer, an old Rohingya lady came door to door selling for a living rang the door bell and we invited her into the house for Aidiladha feast. Food was plenty and during this auspicious day we should also consider the poor. She enjoyed the ketupat pulut and the rending. I was touched when she put up her hands in doa that the House owner would be bless by Allah with abundance and prosperous rezeki. We packed some food for her to take away and a few ringgits as sedekah. I told the family that perhaps Allah was testing our heart for our generosity towards the poor.

After Isyakh those friends who could not make it during the morning visit, came and we still have the lontong to serve them. It was about 2300 hours the last guest left.

I was about to doze off when I received an sms from someone that the Mosque Committee had fell and tied up the cows to be slaughtered in the morning. He thought that the job was too premature and cruelty to the animals. I thought so but what could I do? I forward the message to someone I knew. An hour later, another sms came from the same person and he sighed with relief that the cows were back to normal after intervention and reprimanded by several kampong residents. My perception of the whole episode – the Mosque Committee is a stupid bunch of morons. They lack the Islamic knowledge how to address the sacrifice rituals (ibadah korban). We must minimize the sufferings of the animals that we are going to sacrifice. What they did was extending the sufferings by prematurely felling and tying the cows for several hours before slaughtering. These people wanted to change everything what the previous Mosque Committee did. As I said before, if they could change the kiblat, they would not hesitate to do that even. I replied the sms by telling the person who sends me the sms to catch the particular Mosque Committee Member concern and throw him or them into the tiger den at Zoo Negara.

I finally have peace of mind and went to sleep.









The early morning tragedy can be summarise by the following Malay proverb:
”Bodoh tak boleh di ajar, cerdik tak boleh di ikut”. In simple term, what they do is right and they would not take guidance from anyone.

No comments: