Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Summon to attend.

Half an hour to Maghreb, I was just relaxing when the door bell rang. My junior cousin Lat with his wife made a house call on a Monday evening. To me it’s rather peculiar, something important and was anxious about the motive.

Comfortably sat, he issued a white envelope containing a wedding invitation to his daughter’s wedding on 12 December 2009. He insisted that he came all the way from Petaling to my house to hand the card and conveyed the invitation personally as a respect to the elder. I thanked him for his courtesy and I commented that this should be the right way to uphold the "adat" as a Malay. Some even have discarded the adat, wedding invitation by sms or not at all. If we are "beradat", it also reflect the upbringing and the understanding of the social culture. We discussed about the wedding and all are prepared and well placed. About the wedding, insyaalah I would be there.

My wife was fasting and they were just in time to share the “meehoon” goreng. They also got to taste the ajwa dates I brought back from Mekah and the zam zam water as well. They certainly deserved the small gift from Allah that was brought back from the homeland of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

They left just after Isyakh.

No comments: