Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Grand Oldman.



Tuan Haji Abdul Hamid bin Abdullah. (1905 - 1978).

I was just checking the contents of my old briefcase that I found the above hidden among the papers and bills.

The various passport size photos of my late father, Tuan Haji Abdul Hamid bin Abdullah born in 1905 and called back by Allah on 07 April 1978.

Educated at Clifford School Kuala Kangsar, pre World War 11 and held the position of Penghulu at Lawin Grik, Sungkai, Sungei Manik, Ulu Kinta (Ipoh) and retired at Larut & Matang (Taiping).

At 73 he was well and healthy and he met his fate at Teluk Intan when a stupid "Mat Rempit" knocked him down. The Old Man was wearing the Omega watch that I bought for him in Singapore. That was the best and memorable gift I ever gave to anyone.

He left me no riches and wealth but the wisdom and education bestowed, molded me to be Allah fearing human being. I went through life successfully, no complain and contented. Not so rich and not so poor. I hope at least I can live up to his age.

Bapak...........you are always on my mind and my “doa” for your safe heaven at every of my daily prayers.

Al fatihah.

No comments: