Monday, June 28, 2010

The World Cup - South Africa.

It is now in the sixteen (16) knockouts round. The most interesting part after the extra thirty minutes, there would be penalty kick. A winner must be established.

The second game starts at 0230 hours in the morning. Most people wake up to watch the match live either at home or any other place where a big screen would be set up to make watching the game more lively. There a lot of medical leaves followed and the private clinics are harvesting deriving from the World Cup.

At the Mosque, the ceramah ugama also include about the World Cup. Muslims can wake up and watch the game live but fail to perform the solat tahajud and tasbih during the last third of the night. Shouts of goal can be heard from houses rather than a silent prayer to Allah at the wee of the morning. The problem is the one who watch the game live do not attend the ceramah ugama and the message does not go to them.

A Retiree like me is fortunate for I don’t have to go to work and need not worry about sleepy eyes at workplace. I watch the second game at 0200 hrs in the morning, when the game over I stay awake and waited for subuh. After subuh, have my breakfast and hit the sack until zohor. World Cup comes around once every four years and it is cheap thrill and entertainment for me. I just have to prepare hot drinks and snack while the game is being played somewhere in South Africa and beam direct into my bedroom.

My prediction: Brazil and Argentina will meet in the final.

I don’t care whoever wins. I just love watching the spill and thrill someone dribbling or rocketing the ball into the opponent’s net. It reminds me of my school boys days where rain or shine we kicked each other shins and legs splashing barefooted through pool of water and muddy field to be Ghani Minhat of the day.

2014, the next World Cup would be held. Maybe I am not around anymore to see the game but I surely recommend that video to be use to decide what’s going on in the field. The Referee and his Assistant eyes would be not able to get the glimpse what actually happen within seconds. By eletronic media the game would be fair to all.

No comments: