Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The coming Ramadan.

It is not far off. With the blink of an eye, the month of Ramadan is around the corner. Muslims regard it as the best month of the year with full of Allah blessings. In the month of Ramadan, Almighty Allah ascended the Al Quraan for the faithful followers and bestowed the night of Lailatulkadar who submit to the teaching of the Holy Prophet Mohammed pbuh.

Ramadan will begin sometimes on 11 August 2010 depending on the sighting of the moon. I am always excited about Ramadan, the month full of sacrifices and patience to test every Muslim “taqwa” to Almighty Allah. I look forward to this coming Ramadan as I tentatively would be spending the whole of Ramadan in the Holy Land again, insyaalah. As years goes by, the expenditures to the Holy Land during Ramadan is escalating and 2010 is no exception. Hotel rooms in Mekah is getting scares and extremely expensive as most Hotels had been demolished to make way for major cosmopolitan and modern infrastructural development around the Grand Mosque of Masjidilharam.

I had to dig from my coffer scavenging every ringgit available and recalling friendly soft loan to expense the 2010 journey. Supplement coming from my kids to the Old Man usually a bonus. This time around I browsed the internet meticulously in search for the cheapest Travel Agency available. Haji Bakir my buddy from Melaka respectively exchanged information seeking for the most affordable and reasonable Agency within our budget.

We finally found one, settled and booked with Al Mukminin Travel. The journey would take a detour through Cairo Egypt by Egypt Air and leaving three (3) days prior Ramadan. Though I had toured Cairo, I don’t mind seeing the Pyramids and visit the scenic seafront of Alexandria by the Mediterranean Sea again. It is inclusive in the package anyway. Haji Bakir who had not step foot in Cairo was keen on the schedule program. Comparatively the total cost is cheaper than the other Travel Agencies that I had patronized before and we opted for Al Mukminin Travel. Haji Adenan, my neighbor will join us during the last half month of Ramadan. The threesome had planned our presence at the Kaabah during Ramadan since 2007. That’s the beauty of our friendship. My late father used to say, “You can have thousands of friends but only befriended those who are really call friend”. I always remember that.

The prime reason where Haji Bakir and I would be traveling companion is because our families are intimately close and whatever happen to any of us the communication back home would be made easier. We normally take care of each other welfare and remind each other at the Holy Land.

Insyaalah on 8 August 2010 very early in the morning the Egyptian mechanical bird will fly us non stop to Cairo and we will hop into Saudi Arabia and the Holy Land on 11 August 2010 to welcome the Ramadan. The first “sahor” most probably would be in Cairo. This time around I will travel light with light pocket too. Except for “zam zam” water and the fresh Medina dates, the rest is imported into Saudi Arabia. Going to the Holy Land is for “ibadah” not for a shopping spree. The Hotel allotted to us is Menazzil Al Raed, a three star facing the Royal Palace wall. I can’t afford Hilton, Continental, Zam Zam and Orchid Tower Hotel which is right at the fringe of the Grand Mosque. That would cost me a fortune.

Without fail I must get myself inoculated preventing undesirable diseases affecting my not so perfect body. The whole world is congregating in Mekah during Ramadan and preventing is better than cure. Allah says “don’t throw one self into unnecessary disaster”. Preparation is to the minimal as I have all the things ready and in place from the previous Ramadan.

Insyaalah, would be celebrating Aidilfitri in Mekah and would be back in homeland after Aidilfitri. I pray (doa) to Allah for safe journey and the Almighty knows what I am doing and my “nawaitu”. It is He who is the best Judge, the most compassionate. Allah destined the journey and Allah that guide the humble soul to “siratulmustakim” (the path of truth).

The Shrine of the Holy Prophet pbuh and the Holy Kaabah, here I come. I seek peace in my humble soul to prepare for my ultimate journey to meet the Almighty when summon upon.

Anyway I can only plan and program. Only Allah can destine the motive.

No comments: