Saturday, June 25, 2011

Am getting old?


I have problem remembering where I put my things when I need it most. Looking high and low and suddenly it is right in front of me. Sometimes I have my clip on sunglass fixed at my spectacle and am searching frantically where it is?

I was looking for my camera charger and my video cam. I ransacked the cabinet where I normally store my electronic gadgets but nowhere to be found. I found something else that least expected that I was looking for before, my telescopic binocular and some video accessories. I called up my boy and gal, maybe they removed them without consulting the Old Man. Suddenly I remembered the bag that I carried during my trip to Langkawi Island. Perhaps those items were still hibernating inside the bag and true enough it was. The bag was piled up among other luggage bags. It took me after an hour, sitting down configuring and recollecting where I placed those items. My other half gave me a short lecture as I got her involved looking for lost and found.

Is it the aging process or the mild stroke that I had in 2003 the contributing factor? Sometimes I have problem even remembering names. Ten (10) years into retirement from active office and paper work, the brain is getting rusty.

Living in a Malay community in a kampong, I seldom socialize with English speaking Malaysians. Sooner I would even forget the English language. Therefore I keep myself busy blogging and browsing the web ensuring I maintain the language intact with me. I don’t buy and read newspapers anymore as the internet and TV news is good enough for me. I concentrate on Books of Islamic scriptures, hadiths and quaranic verses which are in Bahasa Malaysia/ Indonesians or Arabic.

I have no specific hobbies but I like to go and see places where I have not been, even in Malaysia. The other day as I travelled up north the Peninsular Malaysia, I realized I had not been to a town call Chenderiang in Perak. There is a beautiful waterfall there as seen on the right from the PLUS Highway between Tapah and Ipoh.

Getting old is a natural process nobody can run away from it. I don’t worry about it. To remain and look young is to discard any worries. I don’t let petty things bothering me and always choose to be in a company of comrades of similar wave lengths. I don’t get into serious arguments but I stick my stand when I am right. I always reason my case and analyze the root cause of any situations. I never think of my past failures because that would bother me mentally. I find time within the twenty four (24) hours of my daily life surrendering spiritually to Almighty Allah (GOD).

No comments: