Monday, June 13, 2011

The Loss of Brother Mokhtar.

Telok Panglima Garang Muslim Cemetery.

On the right is newly buried brother Mokhtar and on the left is Brother Samad.

My wife lost her elder brother, Mohd Hanapiah @ Mokhtar bin Abdul Rahman aged 68 on 11 July 2011 at 1545 hrs due to a second attack of stroke. He succumbed from the first attack sometimes two (2) years ago and since then he was bedridden.

Brother Hanapiah left a widow, four (4) daughters, six (6) sons and several grandchildren.

The last the family met him was on 13 March 2011 the eve of our departure to Saudi Arabia.

He was buried at Telok Panglima Garang Muslim Cemetery on 12 June 2011 morning well attended by nearby close relatives and friends. It was fortunate that we got a plot for him just beside his late elder brother, Mohd Radhi @ Samad bin Abdul Rahman. Nearby was his mother, my late mother in law.

Those who were unable to attend was one of my niece who was somewhere holidaying in Thailand, my nephew undergoing training in London, nephews and nieces from Ipoh and relatives who resides in Singapore. They were informed anyway. My whole family attended the lying in state and the funeral.

My fondest memory of my late brother in law was when I managed to request a close buddy, a Helicopter Pilot to airlift him from a storage tanker” Esso Mercia” somewhere in South China Sea when my mother in law passed away sometimes in the early 90s.

My wife now left with one elder sister, a younger sister and two younger brothers.


No comments: