Wednesday, June 29, 2011

AWANG.

After zohor yesterday, Azhar Ibrahim called me informing that our kampong mate Kamaruddin Zainuddin @ Awang passed away suddenly due to cardiac arrest at Tuanku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang. I was shocked as I don’t seem to know that Awang has a heart problem. Awang was 51, a bachelor and a non smoker. We often met at the Mosque during Maghreb and he looked healthy.

His body would be lying in state at the family resident and would be transferred to the Mosque at 1800 hours. I decided to pay my last respect at the Mosque inclusive participating of solat jenazah. I was glad to meet most of the kampong lad who had resided elsewhere that came to attend to late Awang’s funeral.

The program was a little out of schedule and Awang’s body arrived at the Mosque at 1815 hours. I was disappointed that the Mosque Jenazah Room was having a blackout and the Mosque Committee did not address the problem even though it was well informed. The light was flickering on and off. The Committee Member in Charge was immediately notified.

I was also disappointed and saw with my own eyes the Van Jenazah road tax had expired on 04 May 2011. No renewal was made; it is already a month over. Was it overlooked or mere incapability of the Bureau? They should at least monitor or tracking record of expiry dates. Registration book on the Van had been handed to the Bureau the moment they wanted to take over the Van Jenazah administration. In fact the Mosque Nazir and OTK went to the former Bureau Chief’s house and demanded that the Van Jenazah to be handed to them. The Van Jenazah Bureau is directly under the Mosque Committee and the Nazir is supposed to oversee that all Bureaus should function effectively.

I was also surprised to see Haji Mahmud Kelantan was driving the Van Jenazah and Haji Mahmud is not a member or associated with the Kereta Jenazah Bureau. What happen to the Bureau normal / appointed Drivers?

Unfortunately I did not attend the burial as Maghreb was closing by.

After Isyakh prayer, I jokingly told Haji Mahmud that the Police was looking for him for driving a Van with expired road tax. He laughed.

Anyway I am going to miss the quiet and friendly Awang who was a regular in the Mosque during Maghreb. As told by his brother, late Awang did not believe in going for medical checkup or going to the Clinic. He only had his brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces to mourn his departure to meet the Almighty.

I pray (Doa) his soul to be in the congregation of the Almukminin in the Kingdom of Barzakh.

ALFATEEHAH!!


No comments: