Thursday, May 14, 2015

13 May 2015 - 46 years in history.

Forty six (46) years ago to this date, in the year 1969, Malaysia erupted. Not by the Ritcher scale but by communal conflict between the Malays and the Chinese. It is now long gone but not forgotten by some. I for one in a way was affected and was put under curfew. The last time I was under curfew was during the Communist Emergency era sometimes early 50s in the kampong.

Today, Ah Chong @ Termizi Adenan Omar paid a visit. The look alike Chinaman had lunch together. Ah Chong was my Kumpulan Guthrie colleague. A Planter by profession retired and now a free lance Trader. He trades in everything under the sun that can make money. Typical Chinaman and he confessed he is half Chinese.

Ah Chong from Bukit Jelutong got lost in Klang and he called me up to find direction. Since he was nearby in Klang, I directed him to my residence in Port Klang. After a light lunch I took him to Pandamaran, a Chinese colony set up by the British to round up Communist sympathizers. The colony is now free of fencing and a stronghold of DAP. It was one of DAP slogan of Malaysian Malaysia that sparked off 13 May 1969.


The last time Ah Chong in Port Klang was in 1999 and I guided him to see the latest development around. We went to the newly constructed Port Klang Sea Terminal that belongs to Dato Shaari Jihin. We proceeded to Tanjung Harapan, Port Klang Golf Course and the North Port. I personally had not been to this area for years and with the new roadway and elevated highway construction heading to the North Port I missed the usual junction which do not exist anymore.



Finally we settled for a bowl of cendol under a tree.


I got home at 1500 hrs and Ah Chong on his way out of Kampong Raja Uda stopped by at the Kampong Mosque to perform his zuhur prayers.  

    

No comments: