Monday, January 11, 2010

Dont stir up a hornets' nest.

When I was a small kid growing up in the kampong there were lot of hornets nest among the mango and rambutan trees, My Grandfather used to tell me don’t disturb the hornets nest. Boys being boys and when they got together roaming around in the kampong one little mischievous boy tried to be smart and displayed his rubber elastic skill. All hell broke loose and I got stung on the head. That was part of growing up and I learnt my lesson.

Later on at the English Literature class I was taught the phrase, “Don’t stir the hornets nest” and in simple explanation by Mr. Felix Matthews that we should not find unnecessary trouble and let things as status quo.

During the tenure of my working life there were times I don’t disturb the hornets nest and there were time I did disturb when things need to be changed. However when I disturbed I justify the reasons and if for the betterment for all concern, why not? The Laborers wanted their pay in the usual term in cash but I told them through the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) they could control their expenditures and they can withdraw their money anytime and anywhere in case their pocket money ran short. At the same time the risk of the Paymaster carrying plenty of cash from the Bank was eliminated. Deep within me my sole intention was to prevent them from gambling and drinking away their just received hard earned cash monthly salaries.

For umpteen years before I took over the Complex someone erected an altar by one big tree. They erected a nice shed for “Dato Komando” to reside and to look after their well being, so they believed. Once in a while the Laborers fed Dato Komando with apples and oranges. I don’t bother at all and let things as status quo. What if I instruct to remove basing on my religious belief and my position as in the Authority?

Today………..some people say lets change the Government and some say NO. Let things remain status quo as the country is peaceful and alhamdulillah that we are free from natural disasters. No country in the world is like Malaysia, multiracial and multi religions. I think we should not disturb the hornets nest. Some may disagree, who cares? This is a democratic country and I am entitle to my own opinion. How sure we are the new Government is for the betterment for all Malaysian? There are a lot of unsatisfied people out there and presently the Government has within its law to condone those people. The country cannot please everybody. Not only the multiracial issues, also has to address the multi religions. You can do this, you can do that but it is easy to say that done.

The mere fact, peace prevails is of prime importance and that’s what everybody wants so that people can go out peacefully looking for bread and butter to feed the family. If the country goes crazy the people would because the family is hungry.

My Grandfather had gone back forty (40) years ago but what he told me sixty (60) years ago there is a truth in it.

Alfathihah for the Grand Old Man.












(For those who read this, please read between the lines. Do we need to disturb the hornets nest??)

No comments: