Saturday, January 2, 2010

Surprise encounters.

The family was at PKNS Complex Shah Alam as my wife was looking for samples of varieties door and main table gift. She was looking for the best exquisitely available. After all it is for the only son. I allowed them to take their own sweet time and I entered into a shop selling ornamental house deco and hoping to find something peculiar so that I can add to the house collections. The Owner who was busy with the computer suddenly looked up and addressed my name. I was taken aback for a moment and on the closer look, he was Wahab my old friend in the 60s from Greentown Ipoh.

He offered me a chair and we sat talking about all our friends. Surprisingly my Old Tech senior, Syed Rani used to hang around at Wahab outlet. My wife was at the opposite shop and that belong to Wahab’s brother, Mahmud. Mahmud married to Narimah’s younger sister and the last time I heard about Narimah, an acquaintance stays at Denpasar Bali. What a small world!!

Wahab import all his goods from China and the brother from Bali Indonesia. These two brothers are enterprising Businessmen. Surely at the next outing I would get a good discount. I last met Wahab sometimes in 1992 when he was with Maybank KL.

On the way home, we accidentally missed an exit due to the road work and the new highway took us straight to Alam Perdana a new Housing Estate and to Kampong Jawa Klang. It was entirely a surprising new route to us and completely bypassed the Federal Highway. We encountered something new. Sometimes it’s worth driving around to encounter something new. I have not been following the development around Shah Alam.

No comments: