Monday, January 11, 2010

Queue up, please!

It really cheesed me off. I was at Maybank queuing up at the reception counter for my number. The Receptionist had to attend to something with a Customer and here come one Chinese gentleman approached the numbering machine and served himself. When the Receptionist was back at the counter, one young Malay lad bypassed me for some service and I told him straight on the face that it was my turn and he should wait for his.

Business done and I got to collect an application form at the same reception. I stood in line as per normal and one middle aged Malay lady out of the blue bypassed everybody came to ask for her number from the Receptionist. I tapped her shoulder and told her to stand behind and wait for her turn. Everybody had a business to do and she was so impatient and unethical. It was still early and the Bank was not going to close up of the days’ operation.

What’s wrong with you, Malaysian? Can’t you wait for your turn? Why are you so impatient?

We ought to teach our children to queue up. Later on if they travel overseas in foreign countries they will suffer cultural shock. It reflects firstly on the upbringing and secondly the country you originate.

The numbering systems for service at the Bank, Hospitals and Government Department is applaud however the Government should implement a nationwide campaign to teach the people to queue up. BUT, don’t forget while queuing up please give preference to the disable and the weakly senior citizens (like me?). It doesn’t cost you to be humble.

Education begins at home and this simple thing is the parents job to implant in their children’s brain so that they grow up as a discipline citizens of the country.

No comments: