Thursday, January 28, 2010

My eldest sister.

I lost my eldest sister when she passed away on 26 January 2010 (10 Safar 1431 Hirah) between 1900 hrs to 2000 hrs. I got the message just after the isyakh prayer while I was at the Mosque. I made few inquiries and inform some of my clansmen. My cousin Jeffrul Tariqh agreed to pay his last respect and suggested my wife and I hop into his car. That was a very good and receptive idea.

Hajjah Haslah binti Haji Abdul Hamid was born on 18 December 1931 and she demised at the age of 78. She left behind a son and two daughters. She drew her last breath at my nephew residence in Teluk Intan. Hajjah Haslah was a Kebajikan Masyarakat (KEMAS) Instructor and the wife of a Clerical staff at one of the Penghulu’s Office in Teluk Intan District.

I arrived at Teluk Intan at about 1100 hrs when her body was undergoing the ritual cleansing. We took her casket to Simpang Empat Mosque and I took the opportunity to accompany her all the way to the Mosque. Soon after zohor, joined by the local residents we performed the solat jenazah. Hajjah Haslah was finally laid to rest at Jalan Sultan Abdullah Cemetry, plot No: 292 on 27 January 2010 at 1430 hrs (11 Safar 1431 Hirah).

I was glad that all her brothers, sisters and children were present to pay the last respect. Number of nephews and nieces from near and far also took time off to attend her funeral.

I regret that due to obesity, her knees could not withstand the pressure and she was not able to stand up and walk. I had fond memories of her during the initial stage of her ailment when I took her to consult an Acupuncturist in Klang. The Doctor prescribed some Chinese medicines from the Chinese Medical Store and she was reluctant to consume the stew as the “tree bark” looked like a snake’s skin. It took me sometimes to convince her that it was a “tree bark” after all, all the way from China. She came for a couple of appointments and after that she gave up.

Time had caught up with her and Allah had summoned her to go back where she was created. I am please that she suffer no more and able to stand up straight facing the Almighty. The talqin as narrated, “Hai Hajjah Haslah binti Hajjah Bee, jangan lah kamu gentar, bahawa mati itu ada lah benar dan kepada Nya kamu telah dikembalikan”.

To my Kak Selah, Alfathihah. Amin.

No comments: