Monday, October 4, 2010

Last weekend of Hari Raya.

Saturday 02 October 2010.
.
Firdaus had called the day before that they would pay a visit to my house after zohor. Since we had planned to attend a wedding in the afternoon I drove up to Shah Alam (the nearest Satay Kajang) to get some satay and ketupat to entertain the young couple. I bought extra as I plan to contribute to my neighbor’s Open House house. At noon we went to Dewan Kastam Port Klang to attend the wedding of Encik Ismail’s youngest daughter, Azah. Lunch was taken care.

Firdaus and Tawaf Azanni came just after zohor and we discussed about the last umrah. They aired their experiences and their perceptions of the umrah in total. They were in the entourage but they only covered fifteen (15) days including Cairo. It was nice to see young couple who could withstand all difficulties performing Ramadan umrah rituals for the very first time. Firdaus is only 29 and I told him my first umrah was when I was 50. My children were luckier than me when they went for umrah at 16 and 15 respectively. I briefed Firdaus the scenario of Mekah then and now. I am also very impressed with Firdaus Blog covering the journey, experience and the numerous photographs inserted were fond and everlasting memories to me too. It was brief and professionally done.



Firdaus & Tawaf Azanni at my house.

After they left around asar, I finally found time to drop by at Haji Adenan’s Open House, five doors away. Shasha and Darwis was so excited to see the Atok and Nenek popping up at the gate and they were chattering away that Nenek Yam had taken Baby Loqman Hakim to her house. I took light and obliged the “kedah meehoon soup”. We stayed at the house for less than an hour as the next program was KL. The night Open House down the road of Dato Mazlino, Klang UMNO Chief had to be cancelled.

We left for Istana Budaya KL at 1830 hrs to watch Tun Mahathir the Muzikal. We had three (3) complimentary tickets so, why not? The last was Puteri Gunung Ledang.



The cover page.


Istana Budaya.


The finale.

Fifteen (15) minutes before the show started I had a call from Raja Rosdin that our friend Naburi Idin just passed away suddenly at 1600 hrs. I called up my sister in law, nephews and nieces in Ipoh as one of my sisters in law was Naburi’s cousin. I did not fully concentrate the Muzikal show as several short messages on silent mode were recorded in my hand phone. I was so sorry that I suddenly lost a childhood friend. The first to go among the five (5) cliques, Raja Rosdin, Suffian Harun, Syed Aziz, Naburi Idin and yours truly.

Immediately after the show ended just before mid night, on the way home we rushed to Kota Damansara to see the body lying in state. Raja Rosdin had to wait for me at appointed location to guide me to Naburi’s son residence. Naburi – the Hero was called to meet the Creator. Naburi was educated at Anderson School Ipoh, Malay College Kuala Kangsar and finally Monash University Melbourne. We went through good and wonderful time together during term school holidays and after completion of alma mater. The 5 cliques will always remember Naburi Idin colorful life.

May Allah bless his soul and gathered among all the mukminin.

Sunday 03 October 2010.

We left Kota Damansara at about 0130 hours and finally we had our dinner or supper at the 24 hours Mamak Shop.

By 0830 hrs I was at Naburi Idin son house again. My brother Amran joined me a short while later. I went in to pay my last respect and assisted lifted his body to the kereta jenazah.

The body was taken to the Yellow Mosque at Section 9 sharp at 0900 hours where he was cleaned and wrapped off for good. Among the clique of 5, notably absent was Syed Aziz due to his poor health condition. Other familiar faces that attended were Haji Razak Majid and Wahab Nan Abidin. Naburi Idin was buried at Section 9 Muslim cemetery. My sister law and children only turned up from Ipoh when the soil had covered the grave. They were thirty minutes late.

By 1130 hours it was all over and we left Naburi Idin alone at his eternal resident. Raja Rosdin & wife together with my family, adjourned for lunch.

Things to ponder: No matter how rich and how prominent you stand in society, you only take the white cloth to the Grave. Besides that you also bring along “dosa” and “pahala”. We came to this world naked, empty handed and with empty soul.

I cancelled the wedding reception of Haji Abdullah’s daughter at the Crystal Crown Hotel Port Klang. I was too tired to attend. I felt guilty to be in merry making mood and rejoicing crowd when I just buried a friend.

I had to catch up with my sleep and I hit the sack until asar.

Later that night I glued to the TV watching the New Delhi Commonwealth Game Opening Ceremony. Sad to think, my friend Naburi is all alone in the Grave and I wonder when my time will be up. He died instantly and buried on a hill top Cemetry. Towards his last breath he did not trouble anybody. He was pronounced dead after he collapsed from an Open House. The fondest memory I had when both our families spent our holidays in Cameron Highland.

No comments: