Friday, October 29, 2010

Was I a Broker?

Got a call from Wahab all the way from Kampong Gajah Perak and the instruction was to drive to Banting, name and address given and my task was to get the guy telephone number. Reason – the guy wanted to sell off five (5) acres of swampy land and Wahab is interested. I asked Wahab what the hell he wants a swampy land for. To start a crocodile farm, he laughed.

After inquiring from the Policeman where the exact location was, I got to the place but the guy wasn’t in. I managed to speak to the wife and she knows about the sale. After exchanging telephone numbers I left the place and went for lunch at the nearby Restaurant. Before that I spoke to Wahab that mission accomplished and I transmitted the guy phone number to him.


In the midst of the lunch the guy called and I confirmed about my visit to his residence and he told me Wahab had called him of his intention. I specifically told him I was just doing a favor for a friend and I don’t seek for brokerage fees if the deal ever goes through. The guy appreciated my frankness.


Reaching home I called Wahab what transpired between him and the guy. Deal closed at RM 63,000.00 for five (5) acres of swampy land. That fast? I am happy that I have done Wahab a favor and it was done within a span of about three (3) hours. The only favor I wanted him to reciprocate is for him to visit me at Port Klang when he closed the deal financially.


Come to think about it……….there is something special where friendship breeds in Mekah. Allah will bless and pave the way provided sincerity at heart. Before Ramadan 2010, I don’t know who Wahab is but our friendship developed when we were roommates for a month. This Wahab fellow has only one kidney left and I used to ask him what the latest melodrama at the Hotel Lobby was. He got a lot to tell, a story teller which often cheered me up.


I am not a Broker.


(More about Wahab, refer to my posting dated 24 September 2010 Back for Raya, para 6 & 7).

No comments: