Saturday, October 23, 2010

Two missions on one go.

I was invited to attend a kenduri at 1100 hrs by Nordin Husni as he would be leaving for Haj on 04 November 2010 but I had another invitation all the way from Staffield Country Home at Semenyih. I chose Staffield as I can meet Nordin anytime before he step on to the Holy Land since he is around in Klang. Datin Zainab, the wife of late Dato Ismayudin Manan invited me and wife to attend the twin ceremonies - tahlil of late Dato Ismayudin Manan and aqiqah of her Grandaughter Hannah Jasmine Khairil Anwar between 1200 hrs to 1600 hrs.

As Farid and wife were also invited we decided to go together and I drove up to Bukit Damansara for the rendezvous. We arrived at Staffield at about 1330 hrs and the first tahlil session was over. Datin Zainab and son Khairil Anwar welcome our attendance and we were shown to the Buffet table. It was very kind of Datin Zainab to include both of us, Farid and I plus the wife included in the invitee list apart from all her relatives. We specially noticed that only the two of us were the ex Guthrien. We were very close with the late Dato and we often visited him towards the last few months of his life.

My wife also met Retired Custom Officer Harun who was her former office colleague and the brother in law of Datin Zainab. They got themselves involved with their former colleagues latest news and where about.

At about 1430 hrs, I joined the second tahlil session. We thanked the host, Datin Zainab and Khairil Anwar as we have other mission to accomplish.

At 1600 hrs we were back at Bukit Damansara and promised Farid that insyallah we would be back on 30 October 2010 at his residence for the solat jemaah Magreb and followed with kenduri as he and wife would also be leaving for the Holy Land on 07 November 2010. I am very pleased that one by one of my friends are going to be a Haji.

I then moved from Jalan Setiamurni to another part of Bukit Damansara , Jalan Setiabistari area to meet little Abas for the very first time. Little Abas was born on 11 October 2010, the son of lrman and the Grandson of Dato Malek Ahmad, my cousin. Abas is the latest addition of Imam Todek family tree which is also of mine. I am glad Irman just gave him a simple name of Abas and he was circumcised three days after birth. Abas’s mother, Nada is still in the Hospital as she is having a slight complication of her caesarian operation. Datin Zawiyah the Opah is attending closely to Abas. Abas for the very first time was introduced to meet the Granduncle and I was very happy to meet the cute little innocent baby when he opened his eyes for a moment to say hello maybe. I hope he will grow up as Allah fearing human being and successful on all his ventures.

No comments: