Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lucky Day.

11.01.12.

I woke up at 0500 hours and could not sleep after that. I switched on the PC and browse the internet while waiting for subuh prayer. Suddenly the PC went blank and could not be restarted. Suspected the power cable or the three pin plug was short circuited. Alternatively I exchanged the power cable from the spare PC. Still there was no power and confirmed that the power box in the CPU was screwed up.

At 0800 hrs, I called Sam, my Computer Expert and he agreed attending to it during lunch time. In the meantime I used the spare PC which was damn slow but something rather than nothing.

At 0930 hours I need to go to the Bank and I foresee problem finding parking space near the Bank. Lucky me, a car just pulled out as I arrived and I slotted mine. Took the number at the Bank reception counter and it was 3011. I thought it would be going to be a long wait but to my amazement the Bank Counter Clerk was attending to number 3010. The next was me. I sighed with relief. The transaction was over within ten (10) minutes and I left the Bank for home.

On the way home, Sam called that he would be arriving at my House within minutes much earlier than expected. Most welcome. Sam doctored the CPU and diagnosed the PC problem. I was dead right that the power box was short circuited. We both went to the nearest Computer Hardware shop to get a replacement. It cost RM 60 and installation RM 15. Sam installed it himself and we just paid the RM 60. Back at home, got the CPU connected and it was working at its normal best. I was relieved.

The day however started bad but after that it went so well synchronized.

Moment something goes wrong, I like to fix it at the most possible within minimal time. That’s the habit that I developed but then when I was once the BOSS I just ordered to get it fixed. Now that I am retired, I have to address the problem on my own all by myself at my own time and expenses. That’s why BOSSES never like to retire.

No comments: