Saturday, January 14, 2012

Younger Brother Mahmud 63.

A beautiful Saturday morning, 14 January 2012, I decided to have the car washed, being neglected a couple of weeks due to own my health problem.

I was shocked with the short message from my sister in Ipoh that one of my younger brothers is hospitalized due to heart problem. I too was admitted last week due to erratic blood pressure.

I called him immediately and glad that he responded at the other end. He was admitted last Thursday due to short breath and sweating all over. He drove himself to Ipoh Medical Center and consulted the Doctor. Immediately he was rushed to the Operation Theater for an angioplasty. It was abandoned because the Doctor found out the previous angioplasty performed on the same vein still in perfect condition. He just need to routinely take his medicines.

Mahmud is now resting in the Hospital and hopefully he abides strictly to dieting. This brother of mine is “Speedy Gonzales” and bulldozed his way through. Petai is his favorite and he normally has good appetite with it. I know he is overweight and simply incapable to exercise reducing his obesity due to some nerve problem on both legs. Being a Retiree of Tenaga Nasional Bhd and was employed during the Lembaga Letrik Negara (LLN) era, he still enjoy the medical perk and Tenaga Nasional Bhd will take up the tab.

Two weeks ago when we met at the family’s ancestral home in Ipoh, I checked his random glucose content and it was 20.4 at mid noon. I was shocked but he just smiled away. He told me he had fried rice for breakfast. I would be tremendously nervous if I had that kind of reading. He was just unconcern. Perhaps he is ignorant of the consequences that could eventually affect his kidneys with the poor glucose content control.

I hope and “doa” for his fast recovery. Confining him to Hospital bed for couple of days would be the best option for his own good.

No comments: