Monday, January 9, 2012

REST.

Confined in Bed.

TV was my pastime.

View from my room.


I was psychologically disturbed when I checked my BP at the Pharmacy, the Digital Manometer showed 165/95. That was high and I spent sleepless night thinking about it.

The following day I made an impromptu appointment with my Consultant Physician at Klang Pantai Medical Center and he saw there was nothing peculiar about my blood pressure. He got it as 130/80, that’s normal. However I argued that when I relaxed on his treatment sofa, my blood pressure was surely normal but when I moved around it fluctuated like crazy. I demanded to be hospitalized for a day or two so that the Doctor could observe and monitor the trend of the blood pressure. He agreed and accommodated me to a single room so that I can have my own privacy, mentally relax and undisturbed.

I was put on a special diet and every two hours until midnight the Nurse would monitor my blood pressure and checked my blood glucose content. It was normal all the way. Surprising!! I received no Visitors except my wife, daughter and Shasha. I kept secret of my missing in action hibernating at First Floor Room 39 at Klang Pantai Medical Center. My Kampong mate were inquisitive of my absence at the Mosque but nobody seems to know my where about.

On 07 January 2012 after the Doctor’s morning round, Dr Zach requested me to settle the bill and the next referral would be on 19 January 2012. In the meantime, for the next fourteen (14) days he prescribed “xanax” to sooth my mind and “stilnox” for night sedation. He told me I was suffering from minor depression and lack of adequate sleep. I was physically and mentally exhausted. As far as he was concern, my Blood Pressure was exceptionally normal and the two days rest really made me good and back on track. The last check up before leaving the Medical Center was 112/76.

It was worth being hospitalized for the two (2) days. At least I had a good rest. In the meantime xanax and stilnox will assist me.






No comments: