Sunday, January 18, 2009

17th. JANUARY 2009. (Saturday)

Three events of 17th, Janury 2009 make me a happy man and out of three, two was indeed a thriller and suspence.

PAS, or Pakatan Raayat won in Kuala Trengganu with a majority of 2631 against UMNO or Barisan Nasional. During the whole day, I was glued in front of my PC to follow the events from the various blogs. I did not follow the local TV News Bulletin because their reporting normally one sided. During the counting process, I still stick to my normal routine, solat maghrib and isyakh berjemaah at the Mosque. Between the two waktus, I went with three other friends for a drink and a roti canai. My three friends are staunch followers of UMNO and they confidently predicted that UMNO would win by a majority of 500 or so. Confidently, yours truly said, the moon would ever shine in Kuala Trengganu with 2000 majority. We had a small betting - the loser would pay for the drinks at the following night. At 2119 hrs, I was back in front of my PC and the latest update, PAS was leading. My wife informed me that the official result was already flashed on TV3 and true enough, the moon is shining full in Kuala Trengganu. Alhamdullillah.

---------------------------------------------


Later in the evening at 2300 hrs, I turned to ESPN Sport. My favorite Manchester United playing away against Bolton. MU must win to top up the EPL table. For eighty nine minutes the score was still scoreless. The magic of Ronaldo did not work. At the 90th minute of normal playing time, from the beautiful cross of Teves, Berbatov’s head put the ball into Bolton’s net. MU, now top the Table.
Satisfied.

--------------------------------------------


Tuan Haji Faharuddin and his wife, Puan Hajjah Rogayah left for the Holy Land to perform their umrah. It was very nice of Puan Hajjah Rogayah to call me personally informing me of their departure. Accompanied their departure was the family “doa” and hopefully they have a successful umrah. In fact Hajjah Rogayah invited me to come along but I had to decline due to of my recent umrah and I am also reserving my Ringgit for the next Ramadhan umrah. Insyaalah. Puan Hajjah Rogayah was worried as this time of the year, the temperature in Medina is rather cold. I told her to be ready with warm clothing for the three days in Medina.
Bon voyage Tuan Haji and Hajjah.

No comments: