Friday, January 23, 2009

NO MORE INTERESTED.

Following text message received from brother A@AZ on 21st January 2009 at 1625 hours.

Quote:

SALAM

Am settling cukai for plot of land in Ulu Bernam under BAPAK’S name which has been fwded in my care by arwah Saleh.

I now seek your blessing to fwd under your care from next year on. I hope once d title has been settle, I could be reimburse d total amount I’ve paid on the cukai down the years.(I still keep the receipts I’ve paid). Arwah Saleh wasn’t sure it’s status as it’s under BAPAK’S name.

As I don’t want matter to prolong I hope U give ur ok.
TQ.

Unquote:


I received the above sms message while I was having a nap in my friend’s car on our way back from Bukit Merah Lake Town. After reading the message I was wide awake for the remaining journey because it was troubling me mentally. I was very disappointed that my brother was requesting for a reimbursement when the title of the land still remains to our late father’s name. To my mind, how could he be so calculative? I had paid the same before and I did not ask for a reimbursement from anybody. It was only between my late brother Saleh and me. It did not make me any poorer. I just treated it as a caretaker to my father’s land then and may his soul rest forever remain in peace. I classified my obligation as a contribution. I wanted to bind complicated ties but the complications remain forever complicated to this very day.

Many things came to my mind. How do I respond tactfully? I received similar message from brother A@AZ sometimes last year and I just ignored. I am not interested to upkeep the responsibility of the land title. There are fifteen living bodies and two deceased attach to this land title. The elders should shoulder the responsibility.

I couldn’t sleep thinking about the most sensible wordings to respond to my brother A@AZ Finally at 0330 hours in the morning I drafted a reply. Even my wife was shocked to see me meddling with the hand phone at the wee of the morning. Which wife, not? I could be into some dirty trick secretively with a woman or what. However, I had to explain to her later.


Quote:

Wsalam

Am sorry for what I am going to say. Please do not raise the subject matter of pesaka arwah Bapak to me anymore. I am no more interested and I want no part anymore. I already had a mild stroke and this prolong issue is very sensitive to me. If you think you carry a heavy burden, don’t pay. Let it rot. I don’t think it can be settle near soon. Nobody seem interested to initiate and suggest a solution to settle once for all. My suggestion was never heard and not wanted. So be it. I gave up thinking about the pesaka long time ago. I want to live the rest of my life in peace. Please don’t bother me. Arwah Bapak left us 30 years ago.

Case close and please, no more sms on subject matter. I want my brain and my heartbeat to run as per normal. Before you get upset, please put yourself in my position. I was not only a father of 2 children but to 5 other boys and 3 girls. I shoulder d responsibilities to my best abilities and we went through on my own. Was difficult n it was a sacrifice to peace the soul of arwah Bapak. You may forward this message to Abang Jamal.

I close my case.

Unquote.

I sent the above reply at 1047 on 22nd January 2009. At 1058 hours, brother A@AZ responded with a note of thanks and message understood.

I was relieved.

I felt a heavy burden off my shoulder. I had been thinking to deliver the message that I am no more interested to be part of the pesaka all these while. It really cheesed me off. For the past 30 years since late Bapak passed away, my elders were not doing enough to address or to make any effort to confer a solution. They treat me like an alien as if I played no part in it. I was never given an ear. That’s why I give up.


I only speak for myself and I don’t speak for the rest of the family member. I don’t mean to hurt anybody but sometimes we got to face reality.



I only bring along my sins (plenty of them), good deeds (if any) and loin cloth when my time comes to face Almighty Allah. Why bother about worldly treasures? The education that my late father gave it to me is the most precious treasure that he left to me for good use. That is good enough. As gratitude, his son here, never fail to seek Allah blessing and pardon on his behalf at every completion of my solat.

No comments: