Friday, February 6, 2009

050209 (Thursday) - History created.

I had the full confidence with my Sultan that he would dissolve the State Assembly and a fresh election would be held. It was because three goons had jumped ship to Independent and one frog jumped back to the original BN pond. This particular frog broke all the frog political record in Malaysia. He jumped back within ten days unlike the other frogs who jumped before at every General Election. Anyway my Sultan is the learned of all Sultans in Malaysian history and once the Chief of the judicial system of Malaysia. I left it in the Royal Highness good hands and I don’t bother what the outcome would be. I was very confident that His Royal Highness would declare the State Assembly to be dissolved and therefore I don’t bother. I decided to make a trip to Janda Baik instead and when I am back in the evening, all well would end well. To my astonishment the outcome least that I expected and the Menteri Besar had to vacate his seat. I was just shocked but I just had to abide to His Royal Highness decision otherwise I can be charged for treason. He Master the Law of Malaysia and the Royal Highness knows best.

Case closed.


JANDA BAIK – Good widow or nice widow.

It’s a place perch somewhere in the mountain on the right side of the old Kuala Lumpur Bentong old road. From Kuala Lumpur at the Karak Highway, turn right after the tunnel. It’s just the opposite side of Genting Highland. It’s been a long time since I wanted to step foot at Janda Baik and today on 050209 was my first trip. I have heard so much about the place, the cool tranquility of its environment. The name of the place attracts me.

I went up to Janda Baik with my friend Haji Zaaba to deliver a Laptop Computer, Printer and a Projector to the Kampong Head of Janda Baik, Tuan Haji Zahri Arop. We arrived on time at noon and Haji Zahri was waiting for our arrival. We sat down for coffee and I dig history from him and his Secretary, Encik Azmin.

The population of Janda Baik is around 3500. The first settler was way back in 1932. After the major flood in 1929 surrounding Bentong hinterland, the people were looking for higher ground and they open up this mountainous region. The name Janda Baik derived from two versions. It was about an orang asli couple who divorced and reconciled. The other version was about several widows helping injured Pahang warriors coming back to Pahang through the mountain after helping Selangor in the civil war. Haji Zahri testified that the track still exists today from Janda Baik to Gombak in Selangor and it takes a day trekking. Janda Baik has a Primary school, Klinik Desa, a Mosque, telephone line, electricity and water. Good roads all round and they have several resorts for weekend retreat or hideout. To my surprise, they even have an electronic factory up there. At the end of the road a newly constructed UMNO Training Camp is in progress. The Sultan of Pahang used to visit Janda Baik once a while.

There are several Café and Restaurants at Janda Baik and we had lunch at one called Jungle Café. The food was home cooked, not too bad as they were not expecting many customers due to weekday. We toured the Kobaik Resort and I was impressed by the serene environment and the surrounding greens. A cool mountain stream running nearby and they have several chalets for rent. It cost RM 100 per night and I think it’s quite exorbitant for its size. I may try it one day and I want to dip myself in the mountain stream. On weekend, Janda Baik is busy and most chalets are occupied and the Restaurants would remain operational till late at night. Haji Zahri laughed when I suggested to him to operate a karaoke at the Restaurant nearby his house.

We descended to Genting Sempah at about 1500 hours and stop by at the Surau for our zohor prayer.

Moment I reached home, I was at my computer to follow the latest of the Perak highjack.

Today 050209, I got my janda baik and the BN captured four janda takbaik to form a new Government in my home state, Perak. All the best to my fellow citizens in Perak.

I am not throwing away my old shoes.

No comments: