Friday, February 13, 2009

Master Fixer.

Damn it! The clothes hanger bar in the closet collapsed, due to overweight and old age. The bar got to be replaced; the wooden bar broke apart so as the supporting angle. I called Jaafar the kampong carpenter but he was busy elsewhere renovating a roof somewhere in Pulau Indah. Never mind, I would fix it myself.

I drove to the nearest hardware store and got the following: a 38 inches long chrome bar and a pair of metal angle support. It cost me only Eleven Malaysian Ringgit. Cheap, I said to myself. Reaching home, I ransacked my tool box and got out the necessary screwdrivers.

I opened the closet and the Master Fixer starting to address the problem and installing the newly bought accessories. I took a plastic stool to assist me to get to the right height and soon I stepped on it, the plastic stool broke. Either I was too heavy or the stool was too flimsy. My wife laughed but I never gave up. I summoned for a strong wooden stool and I completed the screwing. Screwed the angle supports to both end of the closet and snugly placed the 38 inches chrome bar. Wallah! Job completed and the new bar is much stronger than before.

If I got someone to do it, it would surely cost me more than Eleven Malaysian Ringgit. The material and workmanship inclusive would cost more than that

No comments: